TCP-Call Admission Control Interaction in Multiplatform Space Architectures
- 724 Downloads
The implementation of efficient call admission control (CAC) algorithms is useful to prevent congestion and guarantee target quality of service (QoS). When TCP protocol is adopted, some inefficiencies can arise due to the peculiar evolution of the congestion window. The development of cross-layer techniques can greatly help to improve efficiency and flexibility for wireless networks. In this frame, the present paper addresses the introduction of TCP feedback into the CAC procedures in different nonterrestrial wireless architectures. CAC performance improvement is shown for different space-based architectures, including both satellites and high altitude platform (HAP) systems.
KeywordsInformation System Wireless Network Performance Improvement System Application Admission Control
- 6.Loreti P, Luglio M, Kapoor R, et al.: Satellite systems performance with TCP-IP applications. Proceedings of IEEE Military Communications Conference on Communications for Network-Centric Operations: Creating the Information Force (MILCOM '01), October 2001, McLean, Va, USA 2: 811-815.MATHGoogle Scholar
- 10.Roseti C, Theodoridis G, Luglio M, Pavlidou N: TCP driven CAC scheme for HAPS and satellite integrated scenario. International Workshop on High Altitude Platform Systems (WHAPS '05), September 2005, Athens, GreeceGoogle Scholar
- 13.Cuevas-Ruíz JL, Delgado-Penín JA: Channel model based on semi-Markovian processes: an approach for HAPS systems. Proceedings of the 14th International Conference on Electronics, Communications and Computers (CONIELECOMP '04), February 2004, Veracruz, Mexico 52-56.Google Scholar
- 14.Miura R, Oodo M: Wireless communications system using stratospheric platforms: R & D program on telecom and broadcasting system using high altitude platform stations. Journal of the Communications Research Laboratory 2001,48(4):33-48.Google Scholar
- 16.Fall K, Varadhan K: The ns manual, VINT Project. University of California, Berkeley, Calif, USA, 2001, http://www.isi.edu/nsnam/ns/ns-documentation.html
- 17.Recommendation ITU-R P.681-6 : ITU-R P.681-6 Propagation data required for the design of Earth-space land mobile telecommunication systems. 2003.Google Scholar
This article is published under license to BioMed Central Ltd. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.