An efficient synthesis of new C-2 aryl substituted quinolines based on three component imino Diels-Alder reaction
- 194 Downloads
New effective approach to the synthesis of a wide variety of C-2 nitro or aminophenyl substituted quinolines was reported using diverse intermediate 4-(2-oxopyrrolinidyl-1)-tetrahydroquinolines that were prepared by a three component imino Diels-Alder reaction was reported. The key aromatisation process occurs cleanly with the loss of the 2-oxopyrrolinidyl-1 fragment.
KeywordsC-2 substituted quinolines three component imino Diels-Alder reaction
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Cho, C.S., Kim, B.T., Choi, H.J., Kim, T.J. and Shim, S.C., Ruthenium-Catalyzed oxidative coupling and cyclization between 2-aminobenzyl alcohol and secondary alcohols leading to quinolines, Tetrahedron, 59 (2003) 7997–8002.Google Scholar
- 3.Reviews: (a) Povarov, L.S. Russ. Chem. Rev., 36 (1967) 656-670; (b) Boger, D.L., Weinreb, S.M., Hetero diels-alder methodology in organic synthesis, Academic Press, San Diego, 1987. (c) Weinreb, S.M., XXX, In Trost, B.M. and Fleming, I. (Eds.), Comprehensive Organic Synthesis, Vol. 5: Pergmon, Oxford, 1991, pp. 401–449.Google Scholar
- 4.Some recent works: (a) Kouznetsov, V.V., Zubkov, F.I., Mora Cruz, U., Voskressensky, L.G., Vargas Mendez, L.Y., Astudillo L. and Stashenko, E.E., An efficient synthesis of hexahydro oxaisoindolo[2,1-a]quinoline derivatives via the Diels-Alder reactions, Lett. Org. Chem., 1 (2004) 37–39; (b) Fadel, F., Titouni, S.L., Soufioui, M., Ajamay, H. and Mazzah, A., Synthése de nouveaux dérivés tétrahydroquinoléines et quinoléines via la réaction d'aza-Diels-Alder suivie d'aromatisation, Tetrahedron Lett., 45 (2004) 5905–5908.Google Scholar
- 5.(a) Kobayashi, S. and Nagayama, S., A New methodology for combinatorial synthesis. Preparation of diverse quinoline derivatives using a novel polimer-supported scandium catalyst, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 118 (1996) 8977–8978; (b) Kiselyov, A., Smith, L. and Armstrong, R., Solid support synthesis of polysubstituted tetrahydroquinolines via three-component condensation catalyzed by Yb(OTf) 3, Tetrahedron, 54 (1998) 5089–5096; (c) Kiselyov, A., Smith, L., Virgilio, A., and Armstrong, R., Immobilized aldehydes and olefins in the solid support synthesis of tetrahydroquinolines via a three component condensation, Tetrahedron, 54 (1998) 7987–7996.Google Scholar
- 7.(a) Katritzky, A; Rachwal, B. and Rachwal, S., Reactions of N-alkyl-N-phenyl-1H-benzotriazole-1-methanamines with N-Vinylamides and N-Vinylcarbazole. A Convenient Synthesis of 4-(Dialkylamino)-tetrahydroquinolines, J. Org. Chem., 60 (1995) 3993–4001; (b) Talukdar, S., Chen, C-T. and Fang, J-M., A stereoselective route to polysubstituted tetrahydroquinolines by benzotriazole-promoted condensation of aliphatic aldehydes and aromatic amines, J. Org. Chem., 65 (2000) 3148–3153; (c) Zhang, W., Guo, Y., Liu, Z., Jin, X., Yang, L. and Liu, Z.-L., Photochemically catalyzed Diels-Alder reaction of arylimines with N-Vinylpyrrolidinone and N-vinylcarbazole by 2,4,6-triphenylpyrylium salt: Synthesis of 4-heterocycle-substituted tetrahydroquinoline derivatives, Tetrahedron 61 (2005) 1325–1333.Google Scholar
- 9.(a) Urbina, J.M.G., Cortés, J.C., Palma, A., López, S.N., Zacchino, S.A., Enriz, D.R., Ribas, J.C. and Kouznetsov, V., Inhibitors of the Fungal Cell Wall. Synthesis of 4-Aryl-4-N-arylamine-1-butenes and Related Compounds with Inhibitory Activities on β (1–3) Glucan and Chitin Synthases, Bioorg. Med. Chem., 8 (2000) 691–698; (b) Vargas, M.L.Y., Castelli, M.V., Kouznetsov, V.V., Urbina, G.J.M., López, S.N., Sortino, M., Enriz, R.D., Ribas, J.C. and Zacchino S.A., In Vitro Antifungal activity of new series of homoallylamines and related compounds with inhibitory properties of the synthesis of fungal cell wall polymers, Bioorg. Med. Chem., 11 (2003) 1531–1550; (c) Villagra, S.E., Bernini, M.C., Rodríguez, A.M., Zacchino, S.A., Kouznetsov, V.V. and Enriz, R.D., Conformational and electronic study of homoallylamines with inhibitory properties against polymers of fungal cell wall, J. Mol. Structure (Theochem), 666–667 (2003) 587–598.Google Scholar
- 11.Roberts, R., An introduction to modern experimental organic chemistry. New York: Ed. Holt, Rinehardt and Winston (1969).Google Scholar