Complex of Devices for Determining the Physical and Mechanical Properties of the Carbon Materials Used in the Rocket and Space Technology by the Impact Indentation Method
The results of checking of the physical and mechanical characteristics of carbon materials by the dynamic indentation method are presented. It is shown that the method and the devices created allow one to control the hardness, strength, and elastic modulus of the isotropic pyrolytic graphite and carbon laminates used to manufacture articles for the rocket and space technology.
Keywordsindentation carbon materials mechanical properties anisotropy
- 3.A. P. Kren, “Determination of the viscoelastic properties of elastomeric materials by the dynamic indentation method,” Polym. Test., No. 4, 369-375 (2004).Google Scholar
- 4.V. L. Popov, Kontaktmechanik und Reibung. Ein Lehr-und Anwendungsbuch von der Nanotribologie bis zur numerischen Simulation, Springer, Berlin (2009).Google Scholar
- 5.K. L. Johnson, Contact Mechanics, Cambridge University Press (1987).Google Scholar
- 6.GOST Р 54072-2010. Products of Space Facilities. Composite Polymer Materials. Nomenclature/Range/Terminology/Classification of Indices. Introduced 30.06.2011, Standartinform, Moscow (2011).Google Scholar
- 7.GOST 25.601-80. Calculations and Tests in Strength. Methods of Mechanical Tests of Composite Materials with a Polymeric Matrix (Composites). A Test Method of Plane Specimens in Tension at a Normal, Elevated, and Lowered Temperatures. Introduced 01.07.1981, Gosud. Komit. SSSR Standart. (2005).Google Scholar