Composition and texture of terrigenous-phosphate grains from the productive bed of the Unecha placer
- 24 Downloads
Results of the study of the composition of rocks from the Unecha placer deposit and the morphology of phosphate segregations investigated by electron microscopy are presented. Several forms of the phosphate material occurrence, including the most abundant shells around grains of different configurations have been revealed. The studies carried out suggest a biogenic (bacterial-algal) nature of the phosphate material complicated by chemical metasomatism.
KeywordsPhosphate Microscopy Electron Microscopy Mineral Resource Sedimentology
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bragin, Yu.N., A New Type of Phosphorites in Glauconitic Formations of the East European Platform, Sov. Geol., 1991a, no. 1, pp. 41–50.Google Scholar
- Bragin, Yu.N. 1991Paleogeographic Aspects of the Late Cretaceous Phosphate Accumulation in the Southwestern East European PlatformLitologiya osadochnogo chekhla USSRNaukova DumkaKiev240242(Lithology of the Sedimentary Cover of the USSR)Google Scholar
- Ikonnikov, N.N., A New Prospective Phosphate-Bearing Formation, Razved. Okhr. Nedr, 1989, no. 10, pp. 13–15.Google Scholar
- Kholodov, V.N. and Paul, R.K., Biogeochemical Regularities of the Formation of Pelletal Phosphorites, Gor. Vestn (Spets. Vyp.), 1996, pp. 30–39.Google Scholar
- Malenkina, S.Yu. 2000Specific Features of the Genesis of Upper Cretaceous Phosphorite in the Voronezh AntecliseLitologiya i poleznye iskopaemye Tsentral’noi RossiiVoronezh. Univ.Voronezh5354(Lithology and Mineral Resources of Central Russia)Google Scholar
- Malenkina, S.Yu. 2002Biogenic Textures of Upper Cretaceous Phosphorites in the Voronezh AntecliseSovremennye voprosy geologiiNaukaMoscow305309(Modern Problems of Geology)Google Scholar
- Olfer’ev, A.G., Kopaevich, L.F., and Osipova, L.M., The Lower Campanian Key Section in the Middle Course of the Desna River, Vestn. Mosk. Univ., Ser. 4: Geol., 1991, no. 2, pp. 45–54.Google Scholar
- Orlov, V.P. and Ikonnikov, N.N., Phosphate Titanium-Zirconium Placers in the Russian Platform, Razved. Okhr. Nedr, 1993, no. 9, pp. 5–7.Google Scholar
- Osaulenko, O.V. and Prokof’eva, N.I., Specific Features of the Composition of Lower Campanian Productive Rocks in the Bryansk Placer District, Izv. Vyssh. Uchebn. Zaved., Geol. Razv., 1992, no. 1, pp. 63–67.Google Scholar
- Savko, A.D., Belyaev, V.I., Manukovskii, S.V. 1994Fosfority Tsentralno-Chernozemnogo raiona RossiiVoronezh. Gos. Univ.Voronezh(Phosphorites of the Central Chernozem Region in Russia)Google Scholar