Facile Microwave Approach for Synthesis of Copper–Indium Sulfide Nanoparticles and Study of Their Behavior in Solar Cell
- 455 Downloads
CuInS2 (CIS) nanoparticles (nps) were synthesized via a microwave approach by adding eight sulfur sources with a new copper precursor, [bis(acetylacetonato)copper(II)]; [Cu(acac)2]. The products were characterized by X-ray diffraction, scanning electron microscopy, transmission electron microscopy, ultraviolet–visible and photoluminescence spectroscopy. Band gap of as-synthesized nps was 2.1 eV that showed about 0.55 eV blue shift in comparison to its bulk type. As observed in other semiconductor systems, the optical absorption blue shift is associated with quantum confinement effects. Thin film of CIS was prepared by doctor’s blade technique and solar cell made from indium transparent oxide/CIS/CdS/Pt layers. I–V characterization was investigated for this cell and fill factor, open-circuit voltage (V oc) and short-circuit current (I sc) were achieved.
KeywordsCuInS2 Nanoparticles Solar cell Microwave Inorganic precursor
Authors are grateful to Council of Islamic Azad University, Shahre Rey Branch, Tehran and University of Kashan for providing financial support to undertake this work.
- 18.C. Sun, J. S. Gardner, E. Shurdha, K. R. Margulieux, R. D. Westover, L. Lau, G. Long, C. Bajracharya, C. Wang, A. Thurber, A. Punnoose, R. G. Rodriguez, and J. J. Pak (2009). J. Nanomater. 2009, 1–7. (Article ID: 748567).Google Scholar
- 25.S. Mahmoud and A. H. Eid (1997). Fizika A 4, 171.Google Scholar
- 32.F.-T. Kong, S.-Y. Dai, and K.-J. Wang (2007). Adv. Optoelectron. 2007, 1–13. (Article ID: 75384).Google Scholar
- 35.R. Jenkins and R. L. Snyder Chemical Analysis: Introduction to X-Ray Powder Diffractometry (Wiley, New York, 1996), p. 90.Google Scholar
- 37.J. P. Tierney and P. Lidstrom (eds.) Microwave Assisted Organic Synthesis (Wiley India, New Delhi, 2009).Google Scholar
- 38.B. L. Hayes Microwave Synthesis: Chemistry at the Speed of Light (CEM Publishing, Matthews, 2002).Google Scholar