An Enhanced Scene-Based NUC Method for PMMW Focal Plane Array Imaging
- 129 Downloads
In this paper, an enhanced scene-based NUC (Non-Uniformity Correction) method that consists of rough correction and accurate correction is proposed for PMMW-FPA (Passive Millimeter-Wave Focal-Plane Array) imaging. In this method, electromagnetic radiation uniformity of a scene is a critical component needed for rough correction, and a neural network method is utilized to make accurate correction. The proposed method prevails over the neural network method in NUC performance and convergence speed as well as detail information keeping. Experimental results completed with simulated data as well as measured data demonstrate the effectiveness of the proposed method.
KeywordsPMMW-FPA Neural network NUC method Mean-square error
This work is supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (NO.61201279) and the Fundamental Research Funds for the Central Universities (NO.ZYGX2012J012).
- 2.LI Liangchao, YANG JianYu, et al. “Design of a PMMW image system,” International Conference on Communications, Circuit and Systems, ICCCAS 2007, vol. 32, no. 1, pp. 1313-1316, 2007.Google Scholar
- 3.WANG Nannan, QIU Jinghui, et al. “Passive millimeter wave focal plane array imaging technology,” Journal of Infrared and Millimeter Waves of China, vol. 28, no. 1, pp. 11-15, 2011.Google Scholar
- 4.PENG Shusheng, LI Xingguo. “Study on the calibration method of 8 mm radiometer,” Journal of Infrared and Millimeter Waves of China, vol. 16, no. 4, pp. 279-284, 2009.Google Scholar
- 5.GADALLAN F L, CSIIIAG F, SMITH E J M. “Destriping multi-sensor imagery with moment matching,” Iint. J. Remote Sensing, vol. 21, no. 12, pp. 2505-2511, 2000.Google Scholar
- 6.SCRIBNER D A, SARKADY K A, et al. “Adative non-uniformity correction for it focal plane arrays using neural networks,” Proceedings of SPIE, vol. 1541, pp.100-109, 1991.Google Scholar
- 7.A H Lettington, Q H Hong, et al. “Removing line patterns from infrared and passive millimetre wave images,” Proceedings of SPIE, vol. 2298, no. 208, 1994.Google Scholar
- 8.CHAO Zhiguo, WEI Luogang, et al. “Approach based on neural network for non-uniformity correction for IRFPA,” Infrared and Laser Engineering of China, vol. 29, no. 1, pp. 65-68, 2000.Google Scholar
- 9.AYKIN S. “Adaptive filter theory[M], 4th Ed,” Upper Saddle River, NJ: Prentice-Hall, 2001.Google Scholar
- 10.ZHANG Yong, LI Xingguo, WANG Huali. “The technology of millimeter wave focal plane imaging,” Guidance and Fuze of China, pp. 38-41, 1998.Google Scholar
- 11.“The technical norms for measurement and test of characteristic parameters of infrared focal plane arrays of China,” (BG/T 1744-1998) [S].Google Scholar