Even Modes of a New Transmission Line Based on Semi–Open Dielectric Rode
- 38 Downloads
An original transmission line based on a planar waveguide splitter with central dielectric filling is proposed. A rigorous electrodynamics model is presented for calculating propagation and attenuation parameters of even eigenmodes. The presence of the lowest quasi–H wave having low dissipation loses was detected in the spectrum of hybrid modes. Numerical experiments prove that new line is very promising for different millimeter wave applications, such as antennae and three-dimensional integrated circuits (TDIC).
KeywordsNew transmission line Millimeter wave integrated circuit applications
The research was partially supported by Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine for partial financial support of the research (project No 6.7/5609). The authors are also grateful to Professor Bulgakov B.M. and Leading Scientist Nosich A.I. from Institute for Radiophysics and Electronics of National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine for fruitful discussion of the work results and useful advices.
- 2.G. I. Veselov and S. B. Raevskiy, “Layered metal-dielectric waguides,” Moscow: Radio and Svyaz’, ISBN 5-256-00035-7 (1988).Google Scholar
- 3.A. G. Yushchenko and S. F. Shibalkin, “Electrodynamic Modeling of Waveguide Properties of the Transmission Lines Based on Planar Waveguide Splitters,” IR&MM waves 15 (11), 1937–1965 (1994).Google Scholar
- 5.R. A. Silin and V. P. Sazonov, “Decelerating Systems,” M.: Sov. Radio, (1966).Google Scholar
- 6.R. Mitra and S. Lee, “Analytical Techniques in the Theory of Guided Waves,” Moscow: Mir. (1977).Google Scholar
- 7.N. N. Nikol’skiy and T.I. Nikol’skay, “Electrodynamics and Waves Propagations,” M.: Nauka, 544 p, ISBN 5-02-014033-3, (1987).Google Scholar
- 8.J. Dallaire and Ke Wu, “Complete Characterization of Transmission Losses in Generalized Non-radiative Dielectric (NRD) Waveguide,” IEEE MTT 48 (1) (2000), January.Google Scholar
- 9.M. E. Ilchenko, A. G. Yushchenko and S. F. Shibalkin, “New Transmission Line for Telecommunications Applications,” Z’vyazok (5) 13–16 (2000).Google Scholar
- 10.M. E. Ilchenko, A. G. Yushchenko and S. F. Shibalkin, “Transmission Line,” Promislova Vlasnist’ (2) 2.92 (1997).Google Scholar