Propagation Characteristics of a High-Power Microwave in Waveguide Filled with Plasma
- 71 Downloads
Analytical theory of high-power microwave propagation in waveguide filled with plasma is presented in this paper. The ponderomotive force effect of high power microwave is taken into consideration and preliminary numerical calculations are carried out, the propagation characteristics of the high-power microwave and the influence of microwave power on the distribution of plasma density are calculated and discussed.
Key Words:High-power microwave Plasma waveguide Ponderomotive force Propagation characteristics
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
-  G. S. Nusinovich, Y. Carmel, T. M. Antonsen, et al. Recent Progress in the Development of Plasma filled Traveling wave tubes and Backward wave Oscillators. IEEE Trans. Plasma Sci., 1998, 26(3): 628–645.Google Scholar
- 3. M. A. Zavjalov, L. A. Mitin, V. I. Perevodchikov, et al. Powerful Wide and Band Amplifier Based on Hybrid Plasma cavity Slow wave Structure. IEEE Trans. Plasma Sci., 1994, 22(5): 600–607.Google Scholar
-  D. M. Goebel, J. M. Butler, R. W. Schumacher, et al. High power Microwave Source Based on an Unmagnetized Backward wave Oscillator. IEEE Trans. Plasma Sci., 1994, 22(5): 547–553.Google Scholar
-  Liu Shenggang, R. J. Barker, Zhu Dajun, et al. Basic Theoretical Formulations of Plasma Microwave Electronics -Part I: A Fluid Model Analysis of Electron Beam-wave Interactions. IEEE Trans. Plasma Sci., 2000, 28(6): 2135–2151.Google Scholar
-  Liu Shenggang, R. J. Barker, Yan Yang, et al. Basic Theoretical Formulations of Plasma Microwave Electronics -Part II: Kinetic Theory of Electron Beam-wave Interactions. IEEE Trans. Plasma Sci., 2000, 28(6): 2152–2165.Google Scholar
- 7. Liu Shenggang, J. K. Lee, Song Liqun, et al. Theory of Wave Propagation Along Corrugated Waveguide Filled with Plasma Immersed in an Axial Magnetic Field. IEEE Trans. Plasma Sci., 1996, 24(3): 918–923.Google Scholar
-  P. Kaw, G. Schmidt, T. Wilcox. Filamentation and trapping of electromagnetic radiation in plasmas. Phys. Fluids, 1973, 16(9): 1522–1525.Google Scholar
-  C. E. Max. Strong self-focusing due to the ponderomotive force in plasmas. Phys. Fluids, 1976, 19(1): 74–77.Google Scholar
-  F. F. Chen. Introduction to plasma physics. New York: Plenum Press, 1974.Google Scholar