Definition of reference values in synthetic emission monitoring bench loops
- 69 Downloads
Proficiency tests (PTs) are widely used in order to certify capabilities of laboratories, determine and validate uncertainties and validate methods. One of the major difficulties in emission monitoring PTs is due to realisation of a stable and ‘metrological correct’ gas matrix, and, since now, the most common approach is based on emissions gases taken from industrial boilers, from which, therefore, the composition is ‘metrological’ unknown, or on ambient air added with compounds of interest, but, in this case, the chemical behaviour of the matrix may be different from real cases. Synthetic emissions loops give the possibility to fill this gap, but require particular protocols for definition of reference values and their uncertainties. One solution, adopted on the facility realised at RSE research centre in Italy, is shown.
KeywordsEmission control Proficiency test ISO/IEC 17043
Conflict of interest
On behalf of all authors, the corresponding author states that there is no conflict of interest.
- 1.ISO 13528 (2015) Statistical methods for use in proficiency testing by interlaboratory comparisonGoogle Scholar
- 2.ISO 5725-1 (1994) Accuracy (trueness and precision) of measurement methods and results—Part 1: general principles and definitionsGoogle Scholar
- 3.ISO 5725-2 (1994) Accuracy (trueness and precision) of measurement methods and results—Part 2: basic method for the determination of repeatability and reproducibility of a standard measurement methodGoogle Scholar
- 4.ISO 21748 (2010) Guidance for the use of repeatability, reproducibility and trueness estimates in measurement uncertainty estimationGoogle Scholar
- 5.Poulleau J (2001) Interlaboratory tests of emission measurements in France using a testing bench. International conference on emissions monitoring CEM 2001. https://hal-ineris.archives-ouvertes.fr/ineris-00972214
- 8.ISO Guide 30 (2015) Reference materials—selected terms and definitionsGoogle Scholar
- 9.ISO/IEC 17043 (2010) Conformity assessment—general requirements for proficiency testingGoogle Scholar
- 10.ISO 9169 (2006) Air quality—definition and determination of performance characteristics of an automatic measuring systemGoogle Scholar