Great experiments in physics
5. Birth of quantum electronics — Lasers
- 24 Downloads
In Part 1 of this article, we described masers. In this part, we describe lasers, their optical counterpart.
KeywordsRuby Population Inversion Axial Mode Optical Maser Ruby Crystal
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- P James Gordon, The Maser,Scientific American, Vol 199, 42–50, 1958.Google Scholar
- Joan Lisa Bromberg, The birth of the laser,Physics Today, 26–33, Oct. 1988.Google Scholar
- Nicolaas Bloembergen, Physical Review records the birth of the Laser Era,Physics Today, 28–31, Oct. 1993.Google Scholar
- The Feynman Lectures in Physics, Vol 3, Ch. 9, 1965.Google Scholar
© Indian Academy of Sciences 1999