Great experiments in physics
5. Birth of quantum electronics — Lasers
- 26 Downloads
In Part 1 of this article, we described masers. In this part, we describe lasers, their optical counterpart.
KeywordsRuby Population Inversion Axial Mode Optical Maser Ruby Crystal
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- P James Gordon, The Maser,Scientific American, Vol 199, 42–50, 1958.Google Scholar
- Joan Lisa Bromberg, The birth of the laser,Physics Today, 26–33, Oct. 1988.Google Scholar
- Nicolaas Bloembergen, Physical Review records the birth of the Laser Era,Physics Today, 28–31, Oct. 1993.Google Scholar
- The Feynman Lectures in Physics, Vol 3, Ch. 9, 1965.Google Scholar
© Indian Academy of Sciences 1999