Barone, Enrico (1859–1924)
Barone was born in Naples on 22 December 1859 and died in Rome on 14 May 1924. His education provided him with a solid grounding in the classics and in mathematics, with a view to embarking on a military career. He was appointed in 1894 to the Officers’ Training School, where he was ‘teacher in charge of military history’. He remained in this position until 1902, when he became the head of the historical office of the General Staff, and was given the rank of colonel.
KeywordsBarone, E. Edgeworth, F. Y. Einaudi, L. General equilibrium Indirect taxation Mathematics and economics Pantaleoni, M. Paretian income curve Pareto, V. Public finance Socialism Tâtonnement Walras, L. Wicksell, J. G. K. Wieser, F. F. von
- Del Vecchio, G. 1925. L’opera scientifica di Enrico Barone. Giornale degli Economisti, November.Google Scholar
- Einaudi, L. 1939. Prefazione di Principi di Economia finanziaria di A. De Viti de Marco. Turin: Einaudi.Google Scholar
- Jaffé, W., ed. 1965. Correspondence of Léon Walras and related papers, 3 vols. Amsterdam: North-Holland.Google Scholar
- Samuelson, P.A. 1948. Foundations of economic analysis. Cambridge, MA: Harvard University Press.Google Scholar
- Spinedi, F. 1924. Di un metodo nello studio della scienza sociale. Rivista di Scienze Sociali e Discipline Ausiliarie.Google Scholar