Westergaard, Harald Ludvig (1853–1936)
Westergaard was born on 19 April 1853 in Copenhagen. At the University of Copenhagen he took degrees in mathematics (1874) and economics (1877). He studied in Britain and Germany (1877–8), taught statistics and economics at his alma mater from 1883 to 1924, and died on 13 December 1936 in Copenhagen.
- Jevons, W.S. 1879. The theory of political economy, 2nd ed. London: Macmillan.Google Scholar
- Kaergård, N. 1983. Marginalismens gennembrud i Danmark og mændene bag (The breakthrough of marginalism in Denmark and the men behind it). Nationaløkonomisk Tidsskrift 1.Google Scholar
- Mackeprang, E. 1906. Pristeorier (Price theories). Copenhagen: Bagge.Google Scholar
- Rander Buch, K. 1968. Harald Westergaard. In International encyclopedia of the social sciences, vol. 16, 528–529. New York: Macmillan.Google Scholar
- Royal Statistical Society (anonymous). 1937. Obituary. Harald Westergaard, 1853–1937. Journal of the Royal Statistical Society 100: 149–150.Google Scholar