- 140 Downloads
α,α-Difluorobenzylamines are an important class of “N-CF2R” type deoxofluorination reagents. Among various α,α-difluorobenzylamines with different substitution groups, α,α-difluorobenzyl(dimethyl)amine (DBDA) was first used for the deoxofluorination of simple alcohols and carboxylic acids . However, the deoxofluorination property of DBDA has not been systematically studied, and the thermal stability of DBDA was also not shown. In 2004, N,N-Diethyl-α,α-difluoro(meta-methylbenzyl)amine (DFMBA) was first reported as a deoxofluorination reagent by Hara and coworkers . In the next few years, the deoxofluorination property of DFMBA was well studied. DFMBA is a commercially available colorless liquid with boiling point of 81–83 °C/4 mmHg. Accelerating rate calorimetry analysis (ARC) showed that it is stable at temperatures up to 180 °C and decomposes gradually at 210 °C . However, DFMBA can be destroyed gradually by moisture in air; thus, it must be stored in the...
- 3.Yoshimura, T.; Fushimi, N.; Hidaka, T.; Kawai, K. WO 03/020685 A1 2003.Google Scholar
- 5.(a) Dmowski, W.; Kamiński, M. J. Fluorine Chem. 1983, 23, 207–218. (b) Dmowski, W.; Kamiński, M. Pol. J. Chem. 1982, 56, 1369–1378.Google Scholar
- 8.Sharts, C. M.; Sheppard, W. A. Org. React. 1974, 21, 160.Google Scholar
- 13.Yoneda, A.; Fukuhara, T.; Hara, S. Chem. Commun. 2005, 3589–3590.Google Scholar
- 19.Tavasli, M.; O’Hagan, D.; Pearson, C.; Petty, M. C. Chem. Commun. 2002, 1226–1227.Google Scholar