What Do Patients Expect from a Psychiatrist?
Part of the Mental Health and Illness Worldwide book series (MHIW)
Living reference work entry
Overview of the expectations of patients in their contact(s) with psychiatrist, based on experience of groups of patients and health care professionals organized by Gamian-Europe in 2006 and 2010.
KeywordsPatients Treatment Patients rights Information Patients associations
- Alexander C (1994) Evaluatie van de Patientenvertrouwenspersoon. VVGG Gent, BelgiumGoogle Scholar
- Arteel P (2016) Learning to live with schizophrenia, a companion guide. GAMIAN-Europe, Brussels. https://www.gamian.eu/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/Schizophrenia-guide_Final_Report-1.pdfGoogle Scholar
- Arteel P, Goikolea JM (2011) Learning to live with bipolar disorder, a companion guide. Otsuka, London. https://www.gamian.eu/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Bipolar-Companion-Guide.pdfGoogle Scholar
- Arteel P, Neyens I, Muller R (2013) Exploring the links between mental health and work: the patients experience. GAMIAN-Europe, Brussels. https://www.gamian.eu/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/MHWork-report-final-201404281.pdfGoogle Scholar
- Gauci D, Montellano P, Arteel P, De Hert M, Alptekin K (2012) Adherence to treatment, a patients view. GAMIAN-Europe, Brussels. https://www.gamian.eu/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Gamian-Europe-Adherence-report-20121.pdfGoogle Scholar
- Muller R (2013) Impact of financial crisis on mental health. GAMIAN-Europe Regional Seminar Dublin, GAMIAN-Europe, Brussels. https://www.gamian.eu/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Report-GAMIAN-Regional-Seminar-2013-Dublin.pdfGoogle Scholar
© Springer Nature Singapore Pte Ltd. 2018