Polysilicon is the elementary raw material for integrated circuits and photovoltaic products. In recent years, the technology of polysilicon made a great progress, its cost dramatically reduced, and it provided ideal conditions for photovoltaic energy power to the state-set price. This chapter summarizes the achievements of Siemens process, including the technology process, the technical principle, main equipment, technological operations, polysilicon quality control, energy-saving feature, and cost reduction. This could be used as a reference for the production of polysilicon.
KeywordsPolysilicon Siemens process TCS synthesis TCS distillation and purification CVD reactor Vent gas recovery STC hydrogenation Comprehensive utilization of by-product
This article is grateful for the help of Zheng Ning, Shi Hewu, Zhang Chao, China ENFI Engineering Technology Co., Ltd., Secretary-General of China Photovoltaic Industry Association Wang Bohua, and my wife Dr. Li Rong.
- A.V. Gusev et al., Preparation of trichlorosilane by plasma hydrogenation of silicon tetrachloride. Inorg. Mater. 42, 1123–1126 (2006)Google Scholar
- Bohua Wang, Review of 2016 China PV and expectation of 2017, Photovoltaic Industry Association of China, (2017) pp 1–6Google Scholar
- D. Yan et al., Polycrystalline silicon energy consumption analysis and energy-saving practice. Electron Sci. Technol 02(01), 224–230 (2014a)Google Scholar
- Dazhou Yan et al., Polysilicon production theory and practice of comprehensive utilization of byproduct of Silicon tetrachloride, Chinese Academy of engineering, chemical, metallurgical and materials engineering, in Proceedings of the 10th Conference ed. by Hongxiang Cao (Chemical industry press, Beijing, 2014b), p. 274Google Scholar
- Dazhou Yan et al., The theory research and production practice for polysilicon high efficiency deposition, Chinese Academy of engineering, chemical, metallurgical and materials engineering, in Proceedings of the 11th Conference ed. by Hongxiang Cao (Chemical Industry Press, Beijing, 2016), p. 392Google Scholar
- Lixia Jiang et al., Application of energy saving technology in silicon purification, Energy saving of nonferrous metallurgy, December, 6 (2010)Google Scholar
- Photovoltaic Industry Association of China, China PV industry development road ap, 6–8 (2017)Google Scholar
- Standardization administration of the people's republic of China, GB/T 12963-2014 Electronic-grade polycrystalline silicon, National standard of people’s Republic of China (2014)Google Scholar
- Standardization administration of the people's republic of China, GB/T 25074-2016 Solar-grade polycrystalline silicon, National standard of people's Republic of China (2016)Google Scholar
- X. Yao et al., Polysilicon reactor based on Fluent numerical simulating and optimization. Energy Saving Nonfer Metallurg 4(8), 48–56 (2011)Google Scholar
- Y. Wan et al., Trichlorosilane production of Silicon tetrachloride silicon technology. Energy Saving Nonfer Metallurg 12(6), 30–32 (2010)Google Scholar
- Z. Huang et al., Hydrogen plasma reduction preparation of trichlorosilane Silicon tetrachloride consumption analysis. J. Portland 39(5), 769–772 (2011)Google Scholar