In 1989, P. Philippov’s group from M.V. Lomonosov Moscow State University invented a method for purification of the visual G-protein transducin (Gt) and other G-proteins. The idea of the method was based on the ability of visual rhodopsin to bind and to release transducin in the absence and in the presence of GTP, respectively. For this aim, a column with delipidated visual rhodopsin immobilized on Concanavalin A Sepharose was used. Chromatography of a crude extract of bovine rod outer segments on the column allowed one to obtain a set of transducin subunits with a slight contamination of cGMP-phosphodiesterase. Also, an admixture of an unknown protein with an apparent molecular weight of 26 K was seen on the electrophoregram. The unknown protein attracted the attention of the group since the capability of binding to rhodopsin had...
- Adamus G. The role of recoverin in autoimmunity. In: Philippov PP, Koch KW, editors. Neuronal calcium sensor proteins. New York: Nova Science Publishers; 2006. p. 181–99.Google Scholar
- Bazhin AV, Savchenko MS, Shifrina ON, Demoura SA, Chikina SY, Jaques G, Kogan EA, Chuchalin AG, Philippov PP. Recoverin as a paraneoplastic antigen in lung cancer: the occurrence of anti-recoverin autoantibodies in sera and recoverin in tumors. Lung Cancer. 2004;44:193–8.PubMedPubMedCentralCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Permyakov SE, Zernii EY, Knyazeva EL, Denesyuk AI, Nazipova AA, Kolpakova TV, Zinchenko DV, Philippov PP, Permyakov EA, Senin II. Oxidation mimicking substitution of conservative cysteine in recoverin suppresses its membrane association. Amino Acids. 2012;42:1435–42.PubMedPubMedCentralCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Philippov PP, Senin II, Koch K-W. Recoverin: a calcium-dependent regulator of the visual transduction. In: Philippov PP, Koch KW, editors. Neuronal calcium sensor proteins. New York: Nova Science Publishers; 2006. p. 139–51.Google Scholar
- Zernii EY, Komolov KE, Permyakov SE, Kolpakova T, Dell’Orco D, Poetzsch A, Knyazeva KL, Grigoriev II, Permyakov EA, Senin II, Philippov PP, Koch K-W. Involvement of recoverin C-terminal segment in recognition of the target enzyme rhodopsin kinase. Biochem J. 2011;435:441–50.PubMedPubMedCentralCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Zernii EY, Zinchenko DV, Vladimirov VI, Grigoriev II, Skorikova EE, Baksheeva VE, Lipkin VM, Philippov PP, Senin II. Ca2+-dependent regulatory activity of recoverin in photoreceptor raft structures: the role of caveolin-1. Biol Membr. 2013;30:380–6.Google Scholar
- Zernii EY, Nazipova AA, Gancharova OS, Kazakov AS, Serebryakova MV, Zinchenko DV, Tikhomirova NK, Senin II, Philippov PP, Permyakov EA, Permyakov SE. Light-induced disulfide dimerization of recoverin under ex vivo and in vivo conditions. Free Radic Biol Med. 2015;83:283–95.PubMedPubMedCentralCrossRefGoogle Scholar