Leucine Carboxyl Methyltransferase
We would like to thank Audrey Potts and David J. McFall for their help in putting together this manuscript. JBS has a significant financial interest in Signum Biosciences, a company devoted to the discovery of therapeutics that target the PP2A carboxyl methylation system.
- Hwang J, Lee JA, Pallas DC. Leucine carboxyl methyltransferase 1 (LCMT-1) methylates protein phosphatase 4 (PP4) and protein phosphatase 6 (PP6) and differentially regulates the stable formation of different PP4 holoenzymes. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:21008–19 : jbc. M116. 739920.PubMedPubMedCentralCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Lee J, Stock J. Protein phosphatase 2A catalytic subunit is methyl-esterified at its carboxyl terminus by a novel methyltransferase. J Biol Chem. 1993;268:19192–5.Google Scholar
- Petrossian TC, Clarke SG. Uncovering the human methyltransferasome. Mol Cell Proteomics. 2011;10:M110. 000976. doi:10.1074/mcp.M110.0000976.Google Scholar
- Sontag JM, Sontag E. Protein phosphatase 2A dysfunction in Alzheimer’s disease. Front Mol Neurosci. 2014;7:16.Google Scholar
- Sontag J-M, Nunbhakdi-Craig V, Montgomery L, Arning E, Bottiglieri T, Sontag E. Folate deficiency induces in vitro and mouse brain region-specific downregulation of leucine carboxyl methyltransferase-1 and protein phosphatase 2A Bα subunit expression that correlate with enhanced tau phosphorylation. J Neurosci. 2008;28:11477–87.PubMedPubMedCentralCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Yu XX, Du X, Moreno CS, Green RE, Ogris E, Feng Q, et al. Methylation of the protein phosphatase 2A catalytic subunit is essential for association of Bα regulatory subunit but not SG2NA, striatin, or polyomavirus middle tumor antigen. Mol Biol Cell. 2001;12:185–99.PubMedPubMedCentralCrossRefGoogle Scholar