I thank the members of the Aguilar Lab for input. I apologize to all authors whose original contributions we could not cite due to space limitations. For more complete listings, please refer to the cited reviews and references therein. The Aguilar Lab is supported by grants from the National Science Foundation MCB-1021377 and by the Center for Science of Information (CSoI), an NSF Science and Technology Center, under grant agreement CCF-0939370.
- Chang B, Tessneer KL, McManus J, Liu X, Hahn S, Pasula S, Wu H, Song H, Chen Y, Cai X, Dong Y, Brophy ML, Rahman R, Ma JX, Xia L, Chen H. Epsin is required for Dishevelled stability and Wnt signalling activation in colon cancer development. Nat Commun. 16 Mar 2015;6:6380. doi: 10.1038/ncomms7380.Google Scholar
- Chen B, Dores MR, Grimsey N, Canto I, Barker BL, Trejo J. AP-2 and epsin-1 mediate protease-activated receptor-1 internalization via phosphorylation- and ubiquitination-dependent sorting signals. J Biol Chem. 2011;286(47):40760–70.Google Scholar
- Liu X, Pasula S, Song H, Tessneer KL, Dong Y, Hahn S, Yago T, Brophy ML, Chang B, Cai X, Wu H, McManus J, Ichise H, Georgescu C, Wren JD, Griffin C, Xia L, Srinivasan RS, Chen H. Temporal and spatial regulation of epsin abundance and VEGFR3 signaling are required for lymphatic valve formation and function. Sci Signal. 14 Oct 2014;7(347):ra97.PubMedPubMedCentralCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Messa M, Fernández-Busnadiego R, Sun EW, Chen H, Czapla H, Wrasman K, Wu Y, Ko G, Ross T, Wendland B, De Camilli P. Epsin deficiency impairs endocytosis by stalling the actin-dependent invagination of endocytic clathrin-coated pits. Elife. 13 Aug 2014;3:e03311. 10.7554/eLife.03311.Google Scholar
- Pasula S, Cai X, Dong Y, Messa M, McManus J, Chang B, Liu X, Zhu H, Mansat RS, Yoon SJ, Hahn S, Keeling J, Saunders D, Ko G, Knight J, Newton G, Luscinskas F, Sun X, Towner R, Lupu F, Xia L, Cremona O, De Camilli P, Min W, Chen H. Endothelial epsin deficiency decreases tumor growth by enhancing VEGF signaling. J Clin Invest. Dec 2012;122(12):4424–4438.PubMedPubMedCentralCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Sen A, Madhivanan K, Mukherjee D, Aguilar RC. The epsin protein family: coordinators of endocytosis and signaling. Biomol Concepts. Apr 2012;3(2):117–126.Google Scholar