- 214 Downloads
Auction is a concept from microeconomics, referring to the practice of buying and selling goods through the process of bidding. Auction participants include buyers, sellers, and the auctioneer, and the role of the auctioneer may be assumed by the seller, especially if there is a single seller. An auction mechanism is a series of rules specifying how an auction is conducted. The three most important components of an auction mechanism are the determination of the winners, the allocation of items, and the payment.
Forward auction. One seller, who also acts as the auctioneer, and multiple buyers.
Reverse auction. One buyer, who also acts as the auctioneer, and multiple sellers.
Double auction. Multiple buyers, multiple sellers, and a...
- Chen Y, Zhang J, Wu K, Zhang Q (2014) TAMES: a truthful double auction for multi-demand heterogeneous spectrums. IEEE Trans Parallel Distrib Syst 25(11):3012–3024Google Scholar
- Clarke EH (1971) Multipart pricing of public goods. Public Choice 11(1):17–33Google Scholar
- Feng X, Chen Y, Zhang J, Zhang Q, Li B (2012) TAHES: a truthful double auction mechanism for heterogeneous spectrums. IEEE Trans Wirel Commun 11(11): 4038–4047Google Scholar
- Groves T (1973) Incentives in teams. Econ J Econ Soc 41(4):617–631Google Scholar
- Han Z, Su GM, Wang H, Ci S, Su W (2009) Auction-based resource allocation for cooperative video transmission protocols over wireless networks. EURASIP J Adv Sig Process 2009:4Google Scholar
- Iosifidis G, Gao L, Huang J, Tassiulas L (2015) A double-auction mechanism for mobile data-offloading markets. IEEE/ACM Trans Netw (TON) 23(5):1634–1647Google Scholar
- Jia J, Zhang Q, Zhang Q, Liu M (2009) Revenue generation for truthful spectrum auction in dynamic spectrum access. In: The 10th international symposium on mobile ad hoc networking and computing. ACM, pp 3–12Google Scholar
- Liu Y, Tao M, Huang J (2013) An auction approach to distributed power allocation for multiuser cooperative networks. IEEE Trans Wirel Commun 12(1):237–247Google Scholar
- Luo T, Kanhere SS, Huang J, Das SK, Wu F (2017) Sustainable incentives for mobile crowdsensing: auctions, lotteries, and trust and reputation systems. IEEE Commun Mag 55(3):68–74Google Scholar
- McAfee RP (1992) A dominant strategy double auction. J Econ Theory 56(2):434–450Google Scholar
- Vickrey W (1961) Counterspeculation, auctions, and competitive sealed tenders. J Financ 16(1):8–37Google Scholar
- Wang S, Xu P, Xu X, Tang S, Li X, Liu X (2010) TODA: truthful online double auction for spectrum allocation in wireless networks. In: IEEE symposium on new frontiers in dynamic spectrum. IEEE, pp 1–10Google Scholar
- Zheng Z, Wu F, Chen G (2015) A strategy-proof combinatorial heterogeneous channel auction framework in noncooperative wireless networks. IEEE Trans Mob Comput 14(6):1123–1137Google Scholar
- Zhou X, Zheng H (2009) TRUST: a general framework for truthful double spectrum auctions. In: International conference on computer communications. IEEE, pp 999–1007Google Scholar
- Zhou X, Gandhi S, Suri S, Zheng H (2008) eBay in the sky: strategy-proof wireless spectrum auctions. In: The 14th annual international conference on mobile computing and networking. ACM, pp 2–13Google Scholar