Food sharing hypothesis; Hunting hypothesis.
KeywordsNuclear Family Paternal Investment Sexual Division Dependent Offspring Good Hunter
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
- Bliege Bird, R., & Bird, D. W. (2008). Why women hunt: Risk and contemporary foraging in a Western Desert Aboriginal Community. Current Anthropology, 49(4), 655–693. doi:10.1086/587700.Google Scholar
- Blurton Jones, N. G., Marlowe, F. W., Hawkes, K., & O’Connell, J. F. (2000). Paternal investment and hunter-gatherer divorce rates. In L. Cronk, N. Chagnon, & W. Irons (Eds.), Adaptation and human behavior: An anthropological perspective (pp. 69–90). New York: Aldine de Gruyter.Google Scholar
- Dart, R. A. (1953). The predatory transition from ape to man. International Anthropological and Linguistic Review, 1, 201–217.Google Scholar
- Gray, P. B., & Anderson, K. G. (2010). Fatherhood: Evolution and human paternal behavior. Cambridge, MA: Harvard University Press.Google Scholar
- Hawkes, K. (2004). Mating, parenting, and the evolution of human pair bonds. In Kinship and behavior in primates (pp. 443–473). Oxford/New York: Oxford University Press.Google Scholar
- Hewlett, B. S. (1988). Sexual selection and parental investment among Aka Pygmies. In L. Betzig, M. Borgerhoff Mulder, & P. Turke (Eds.), Human reproductive behaviour (pp. 263–276). Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.Google Scholar
- Lancaster, J. B., & Lancaster, C. (1987). The watershed: Change in parental-investment and family-formation strategies in the course of human evolution. In Parenting across the life span: Biosocial dimensions (pp. 187–205). New York: A. de Gruyter.Google Scholar
- Lancaster, J. B., & Lancaster, C. S. (1983). Parental investment: The hominid adaptation. In D. Ortner (Ed.), How humans adapt: Biocultural odyssey (pp. 33–56). Washington, D.C.: Smithsonian Institution Press.Google Scholar
- Washburn, S. L., & Lancaster, C. S. (1968). The evolution of hunting. In R. B. Lee & I. DeVore (Eds.), Man the hunter (pp. 293–303). Chicago: Aldine.Google Scholar
© Springer International Publishing AG 2016