- Roy H. RodgersAffiliated withProfessor Emeritus, University of British Columbia Email author
Constance R. Ahrons, Ph.D.
Constance R. Ahrons has been a leading scholar with her contributions to the theory and research on divorced families. She has been a major influence in family therapy education and practice.
Ahrons received her Ph.D. from the University of Wisconsin in 1973. She held positions as Assistant and Associate Professor in the School of Social Work at Wisconsin (1974–1984) and Cofounder and Therapist, Wisconsin Family Studies Institute, Madison, Wisconsin (1979–1984).
The major portion of her career was spent at the University of Southern California as an Associate Professor in the School of Social Work and Associate Professor and Professor of Sociology (1986–2001). In the latter positions, she was heavily involved in the training of family therapists as the Associate Director and Director of the Marriage and Family Therapy Program. She retired as Professor Emerita in 2001.
Among her awards are: Distinguished Research Award, Association of Family ...
Reference Work Entry Metrics
Date: 2017 (Latest)History
- 2017 (Latest)
- Ahrons, Constance
- Reference Work Title
- Encyclopedia of Couple and Family Therapy
- pp 1-2
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Springer International Publishing
- Copyright Holder
- Springer International Publishing AG
- Additional Links
- Editor Affiliations
- 1. The Family Institute at Northwestern
- 2. The Family Institute at Northwestern
- 3. The Family Institute at Northwestern
- Roy H. Rodgers (4)
- Author Affiliations
- 4. Professor Emeritus, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.