American Board of Couple and Family Psychology
- Allison WaterworthAffiliated withAmerican Board of Professional Psychology Email author
The American Board of Couple and Family Psychology (ABCFP) is a specialty credentialing board for the American Board of Professional Psychology (ABPP). A specialty is a defined area in the practice of psychology that connotes special competency acquired through an organized sequence of formal education, training, and experience. In order to qualify as a specialty affiliated with the ABPP, a stable examining board, national in scope, must reflect the current development of the specialty.
As a constituent specialty group of ABPP, ABCFP offers certification to psychologists who present the requisite training and experience in couple and family work. One of the most important missions of ABCFP is to increase consumer protection. Board certification assures the public that specialists designated by ABPP have successfully completed the educational, training, and experience requirements of the specialty, including an examination designed to assess the competencies required to provi ...
Reference Work Entry Metrics
Date: 2017 (Latest)History
- 2017 (Latest)
- American Board of Couple and Family Psychology
- Reference Work Title
- Encyclopedia of Couple and Family Therapy
- pp 1-2
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Springer International Publishing
- Copyright Holder
- Springer International Publishing AG
- Additional Links
- Editor Affiliations
- 1. The Family Institute at Northwestern
- 2. The Family Institute at Northwestern
- 3. The Family Institute at Northwestern
- Author Affiliations
- 4. American Board of Professional Psychology, Chapel Hill, NC, USA
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.