Computing Curricular Report CE2016, A Summary
- 7 Downloads
The report titled, Curriculum Guidelines for Undergraduate Degree Programs in Computer Engineering (CE2016) (Impagliazzo et al. 2016), better known as CE2016, was an endeavor conducted by the Association for Computing Machinery (ACM) and the IEEE Computer Society. This article is largely based on a culminating paper for the project (Nelson et al. 2017) that reflects an integration of material from earlier workshops and presentations; it also summarizes the content that led to the ACM publication of the CE2016 report in December of 2016. CE2016 is part of a series of reports covering curricula for a variety of computing fields. This article discusses significant aspects of CE2016 and the ways institutions might use the report to update or create computer engineering programs.
The computer engineering field has witnessed rapid advances over the past decade and the field expects to...
- ACM curricular website. http://www.acm.org/education/curricula-recommendations/
- Bloom BS (ed) (1956) Taxonomy of educational objectives: the classification of educational goals: handbook I, cognitive domain. Longmans, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- Impagliazzo J et al (2016) Curriculum guidelines for undergraduate degree programs in computer engineering, (CE2016), 15 Dec 2016. http://www.acm.org/binaries/content/assets/education/ce2016-final-report.pdf
- Nelson V, Impagliazzo J, Durant E, Hughes J (2017) CE2016: updated curricular guidelines for computer engineering. In: Frontiers in Education (FIE) conference, Indianapolis, 18–21 Oct 2017Google Scholar
- Soldan D et al (2004) Curriculum guidelines for undergraduate degree programs in computer engineering, (CE2004), 12 Dec 2004. https://www.acm.org/binaries/content/assets/education/curricula-recommendations/ce-final-report.pdf