Business in the Community Index
- 5 Downloads
The Corporate Responsibility (CR) Index is a voluntary benchmarking tool launched in 2002 by UK Business in the Community (BITC). CR Index follows a systematic approach to managing, measuring, and reporting on business responsible business practices and the impacts on society and the environment.
According to Business in the Community (BITC), Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) – also known as Corporate Responsibility (CR) or Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability (CRS) – hints at a voluntary integration of social and environmental concerns into business practice. It’s about being a responsible business, thus taking charge of the impacts on society and the environment. Such a CR conception is embedded in the Corporate Responsibility Index (CR Index), considered as the leading benchmark of responsible business in the UK.
In 1996, BITC launched a “Business in the Environment Index” to...
- BITC (Business in the Community). (2012). Corporate Responsibility Index Private Benchmarking. https://www.bitc.org.uk/sites/default/files/bitc_environment_index_private_benchmarking_flyer_2012.pdf. Accessed 1 Feb 2019.
- BITC (Business in the Community). (2017). CR Index 2017 Pennon Group PLC. www.pennon-group.co.uk. Accessed 1 Feb 2019.
- BITC (Business in the Community). (2018). Onwards and upwards 2017/2018. 2018 Annual Report. https://www.bitc.org.uk/sites/default/files/bitc_annualreport2018.pdf. Accessed 1 Feb 2019.
- Hansen, E., & Spitzeck, H. (2010). Stakeholder governance-an analysis of BITC corporate responsibility index data on stakeholder engagement and governance. https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=1690600. Accessed 1 Feb 2019.
- https://www.bitc.org.uk. Accessed 1 Feb 2019.
- https://www.un.org/sustainabledevelopment/development-agenda/. Accessed 1 Feb 2019.
- UN (United Nations). (2015). Sustainable Development Goals kick off with start of New Year. https://www.un.org/sustainabledevelopment/blog/2015/12/sustainable-development-goals-kick-off-with-start-of-new-year/. Accessed 1 Feb 2019.