Spatial-keyword query processing; Top-k spatial-keyword search
Consider a set of spatial-textual objects where each object consists of a spatial location and a textual description. A spatial-keyword search retrieves objects of interest based on both spatial proximity to the query location and the textual relevance to the query keywords. Typically, the spatial proximity is based on distance, while the textual similarity is measured using an information retrieval model such as the cosine similarity or the language model. Query answers are usually ranked based on a linear combination of the two aspects. The goal of spatial-keyword query processing is to return the relevant answers while minimizing the processing cost.
Web content has traditionally been queried using keyword search. More recently, the web has taken on a new dimension – the spatial dimension. On one hand, the prevalence of GPS-enabled smartphones and social network systems has...
- 5.Zhang D, Tan KL, Tung AKH. Scalable top-k spatial keyword search. In: Proceedings of the 16th International Conference on Extending Database Technology; 2013. p. 359–70.Google Scholar
- 6.Zhang D, Chan CY, Tan KL. Processing spatial keyword query as a top-k aggregation query. In: Proceedings of the 34th Annual International ACM SIGIR Conference on Research and Development in Information Retrieval; 2014. p. 355–64.Google Scholar
- 8.Huang W, Li G, Tan KL, Feng J. Efficient safe-region construction for moving top-k spatial keyword queries. In: Proceedings of the 21st ACM International Conference on Information and Knowledge Management; 2012. p. 932–41.Google Scholar
- 9.Rocha-Junior JB, Nørvag K. Top-k spatial keyword queries on road networks. In: Proceedings of the 15th International Conference on Extending Database Technology; 2012. p. 168–79.Google Scholar
- 11.Hu H, Liu Y, Li G, Feng J, Tan KL. A location-aware publish/subscribe framework for parameterized Spatio-textual subscriptions. In: Proceedings of the 31st International Conference on Data Engineering; 2015. p. 711–22.Google Scholar
- 12.Chen L, Cong G, Cao X, Tan KL. Temporal spatial-keyword top-k publish/subscribe. In: Proceedings of the 31st International Conference on Data Engineering; 2015. p. 255–66.Google Scholar
- 13.Guo L, Zhang D, Li G, Tan KL, Bao Z. Location-aware pub/sub system: when continuous moving queries meet dynamic event streams. In: Proceedings of the ACM SIGMOD International Conference on Management of Data; p. 843–57.Google Scholar