TSQL2 (Temporal Structured Query Language) is a temporal extension of SQL-92 designed in 1993-1994 by a committee comprised of Richard T. Snodgrass, Ilsoo Ahn, Gad Ariav, Don Batory, James Clifford, Curtis E. Dyreson, Ramez Elmasri, Fabio Grandi, Christian S. Jensen, Wolfgang Käfer, Nick Kline, Krishna Kulkarni, T. Y. Cliff Leung, Nikos Lorentzos, John F. Roddick, Arie Segev, Michael D. Soo and Suryanarayana M. Sripada. The goal of this language design committee was to consolidate past research on temporal query languages, by the committee members as well as many others, by developing a specification for a consensus language that could form a common core for research.
Temporal databases have been an active research topic since 1980. By the early 1990s, several dozen temporal query languages had been proposed, and many temporal database researchers felt that the time had come to consolidate approaches to temporal data models and calculus-based query...
- 2.Melton J, Simon AR. Understanding the new SQL: a complete guide. San Mateo: Morgan Kaufmann; 1993.Google Scholar
- 3.Snodgrass RT. editor. In: Proceedings of the International Workshop on an Infrastructure for Temporal Databases; 1993.Google Scholar
- 4.Snodgrass RT. editor. The TSQL2 temporal query language. Kluwer Academic; 1995.Google Scholar
- 5.Snodgrass RT. Developing time-oriented database applications in SQL. San Francisco: Morgan Kaufmann; 1999.Google Scholar
- 8.Snodgrass RT, Böhlen MH, Jensen CS, Steiner A. Adding transaction time to SQL/temporal. Change proposal, ANSI X3H2-96-502r2, ISO/IEC JTC1/SC21/ WG3 DBL MAD-147r2, Nov 1996.Google Scholar
- 9.Snodgrass RT, Böhlen MH, Jensen CS, Steiner A. Adding valid time to SQL/temporal. Change proposal, ANSI X3H2-96-501r2, ISO/IEC JTC1/SC21/ WG3 DBL MAD-146r2, Nov 1996.Google Scholar
- 11.Snodgrass RT, Kulkarni K, Kucera H, Mattos N. Proposal for a new SQL part – temporal. ISO/IEC JTC1/SC21 WG3 DBL RIO-75, X3H2-94-481, 2 Nov 1994.Google Scholar