Multimedia Presentation Databases
Multimedia presentation databases
A multimedia presentation consists of a set of media objects (such as images, text objects, video clips, and audio streams) presented in accordance with various temporal constraints specifying when the object should be presented, and spatial constraints specifying where the object should be presented on a screen. Today, multimedia presentations range from the millions of PowerPoint presentations users have created the world over, to more sophisticated presentations authored using tools such as Macromedia Director. Multimedia presentation databases provide the mechanisms needed to store, access, index, and query such collections of multimedia presentations.
Multimedia presentations have been in existence since the 1980s, when PowerPoint emerged as a presentation paradigm and animated computer video games started gaining popularity. Both of these paradigms allowed a multimedia presentation author to specify a set...
- 3.Bailey B, Konstan JA, Cooley R, Dejong M. Nsync – a toolkit for building interactive multimedia presentations. In: Proceedings of the 6th ACM International Conference on Multimedia; 1998. p. 257–66.Google Scholar
- 4.Baral C, Gonzalez G, Nandigam A. SQL+D: extended display capabilities for multimedia database queries. In: Proceedings of the 6th ACM International Conference on Multimedia; 1998. p. 109–14.Google Scholar
- 5.Baral C, Gonzalez G, Son TC. Design and implementation of display specification for multimedia answers. In: Proceedings of the 14th International Conference on Data Engineering; 1998. p. 558–65.Google Scholar
- 7.Candan KS, Prabhakaran B, Subrahmanian VS. CHIMP: a framework for supporting distributed multimedia document authoring and presentation. In: Proceedings of the 4th ACM International Conference on Multimedia; 1996. p. 329–40.Google Scholar
- 10.Jiao B. Multimedia presentation database system. In: Proceedings of the 8th ACM International Conference on Multimedia; 2000. p. 515–16.Google Scholar
- 11.Lee T, Sheng L, Bozkaya T, Balkir NH, Özsoyoglu ZM, Özsoyoglu G. Querying multimedia presentations based on content. In: Jeffay K, Zhang H, editors. Readings in multimedia computing and networking. San Francisco: Morgan Kaufmann Publishers; 2001. p. 413–37.Google Scholar