- Information Provenance
Sources of a piece of information.
- Social Computing
An area of computer science that is concerned with the intersection of social behavior and computational systems (Social Computing).
- Social Media
A group of Internet-based applications that build on the ideological and technological foundations of Web 2.0 and that allow the creation and exchanges of user-generated content (Kaplan and Haenlein 2010).
- Data Mining
The computational process of discovering patterns in large datasets involving methods at the intersection of artificial intelligence, machine learning, statistics, and database systems (Data Mining).
- Social Network
A social network is a social structure made up of a set of social actors (such as individuals or organizations), sets of dyadic ties, and other social interactions between actors (Social Network)....
- Barbier G (2012) Finding provenance data in social media. Doctoral dissertationGoogle Scholar
- Data Mining. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Data_mining
- Disinformation. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disinformation
- Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=268506716591158&set=a.247241168 71771349889.247222755386221&type=3&theater. Accessed 17 Dec 2012
- Feng Z, Gundecha P, Liu H (2013) Recovering information recipients in social media via provenance. Short paper, the IEEE/ACM international conference on advances in social networks analysis and miningGoogle Scholar
- Gundecha P, Feng Z, and Liu H (2013a) Seeking provenance of information in social media. Short paper, the 22nd ACM international conference on information and knowledge managementGoogle Scholar
- Gundecha P, Ranganath S, Feng Z, and Liu H (2013b) A tool for collecting provenance data in social media, Demonstration paper, the 19th ACM SIGKDD international conference on knowledge discovery and data miningGoogle Scholar
- Leskovec J, Backstrom L, Kleinberg J (2009) Meme-tracking and the dynamics of the news cycle. In: Proceedings of the 15th ACM SIGKDD international conference on Knowledge discovery and data mining. ACM, pp 497–506Google Scholar
- Misinformation. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Misinformation
- Ranganath S, Gundecha P, and Liu H (2013) A tool for assisting provenance search in social media. Demonstration paper, the 22nd ACM international conference on information and knowledge managementGoogle Scholar
- Social Computing. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_computing
- Social Network. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_network
- Twitter (2012) https://twitter.com/dhume01/status/236321660184178688. Accessed 17 Dec 2012
- Wikipedia (2012) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_Assam_violence#Attacks_on_people_from_North_East_Exodus. Accessed 17 Dec 2012
- Wu L, Morstatter F, Hu X, Liu H (2016) Mining Misinformation in Social Media, Big Data in Complex and Social Networks, CRC Press, pp 123–152Google Scholar
- http://time.com/3479254/ebola-social-media/. Accessed Oct 2014
- http://www.vox.com/new-money/2016/11/16/13659840/facebook-fake-news-chart. Accessed Dec 2016
- http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=124371570. Accessed Dec 2016
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firing_of_Shirley_Sherrod. Accessed Dec 2016