Tools for Networks
- Big data
Computer science and engineering term for large and complex datasets for which special data management (collection, storage, processing, visualization), usually distributed, has to be used.
- Cloud computing
Computer engineering paradigm where hardware, network, and software resources are provided as services over the network.
International Network for Social Network Analysis.
- Internet of Things (IoT)
An experimental concept of integration of real-world devices (sensors, actuators, machines) and objects (buildings, cars, trains, etc.) into Internet over standardized interfaces using unique identifiers.
- NOSQL database
A database implemented on some data storage model and query concept alternative to relational databases (document databases, key-value stores, graph databases, etc.). Relational databases use Standard Query Language (SQL) for queries and database operations, while NOSQL databases use other...
This work has been partially financed by Slovenian Research Agency (ARRS) within the EUROCORES program EUROGIGA (project GReGAS) of the European Science Foundation (ARRS grant number N1-0011) and by ARRS project Z7-7614 (B).
The authors would like to thank Vladimir Batagelj for valuable suggestions.
- Freeman LC (1988) Computer programs and social network analysis. Connections 11(2):26–31Google Scholar
- Scott J (2002) Social network analysis: a handbook, 2nd edn. Sage, LondonGoogle Scholar
- Software for social network analysis. http://www.gmw.rug.nl/~huisman/sna/software.html. July 2016
- STRAN, Model packages. http://vlado.fmf.uni-lj.si/pub/networks/stran/. July 2016
- Wikipedia, Graph Database. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graph_database. July 2016
- Wikipedia, Social network analysis software. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_network_analysis_software. July 2016