- Marc D. GellmanAffiliated withBehavioral Medicine Research Center, Department of Psychology, University of Miami Email author
Robert Ader was born in 1932. He was a native of the Bronx, New York, and a graduate of Tulane University. He received his Ph.D. at Cornell University. He then joined the faculty at the University of Rochester Medical Center and quickly rose through the ranks, becoming a professor of psychiatry and psychology in 1968. He held numerous positions and titles during his tenure at the University of Rochester, including the George Engel Professor of Psychosocial Medicine and Distinguished University Professor. He retired in July 2011 as professor emeritus. He had received an honorary doctor of science degree from Tulane and an honorary medical degree from Trondheim University in Norway.
Ader coined the word psychoneuroimmunology to describe the field of study he helped create. He was editor and later coeditor of the book Psychoneuroimmunology, first published in 1981, that details the research supporting the proposition that the brain and immune sy ...
Reference Work Entry Metrics
Date: 2016 (Latest)History
- 2016 (Latest)
- Ader, Robert
- Reference Work Title
- Encyclopedia of Behavioral Medicine
- pp 1-2
- Online ISBN
- Springer New York
- Copyright Holder
- Springer Science+Business Media LLC
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
- Editor Affiliations
- 1. University of Miami School of Medicine
- 2. Campbell University School of Pharmacy
- Marc D. Gellman (3)
- Author Affiliations
- 3. Behavioral Medicine Research Center, Department of Psychology, University of Miami, 1120 N.W. 14th Street, Miami, FL, 33136, USA
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.