Arts-based Research, Development of the Arts, Applied Arts, Expanded Research, Implicit Knowledge, Practice Based Research, Research in the Arts, Research through the Arts, Research on the Arts
The aim of this entry is to present basic thoughts regarding practices of artistic research with the objective to describe specific criteria pertaining to this specific process of knowledge production. References to considerations regarding the philosophy of science are possible, but not intended as a demarcation to the further thoughts presented that make up the central element of the entry. Central topics of artistic research are brought into focus, evaluated, and used to generate specific processes for knowledge development. After a brief thematic introduction to the topic and an attempt to a “mapping of artistic research,” specific aspects are described in the “setting of artistic research,” followed by the thoughts regarding concrete “modes of artistic research,” and concluded through...
- Adderley. vgl. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herbie_Hancock#cite_ref-7. 2012-07-17.
- doCUMENTA (13): Das Begleitbuch/The Guidebook. Katalog/Catalog 3/3. Ostfildern 2012.Google Scholar
- Dombois F, Bauer UM, Mareis C, Schwab M, editors. Intellectual birdhouse: artistic practice as research. London: Walther König; 2011.Google Scholar
- Novalis DWW. Notes for a Romantic encyclopaedia: Das Allgemeine Brouillon. Albany: Suny Press; 2007.Google Scholar
- Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development: aFrscati Manual - Proposed Standard Practice for Surveys on Research and Experimental Development. Paris: OECD; 2002.Google Scholar
- Yamada K. The gateless gate: the classic book of Zen Koans. Boston: Wisdom Publications; 2004.Google Scholar