Encyclopedic Dictionary of Polymers

2011 Edition
| Editors: Jan W. Gooch


  • Jan W. Gooch
Reference work entry
DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4419-6247-8_12902

\riŋ-kәl\ n [ME, back-form. fr. wrinkled twisted, winding, prob. fr. OE gewrinclod, pp. of gewrinclian to wind, fr. ge-, perfective prefix + -wrinclian (akin to wrencan to wrench] (15c) (1) An imperfection in reinforced plastics that has the appearance of a wave molded into one or more plies of fabric or other reinforcing material (ASTM D 883). (2) In a plastic film or coated cloth, an inadvertent crease.

Copyright information

© Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2011

Authors and Affiliations

  • Jan W. Gooch
    • 1
  1. 1.AtlantaUSA