Main EU Agencies
Agency for the Cooperation of Energy Regulators
Launched in 2011 to assist and coordinate the work of national regulatory authorities, ensuring the proper functioning of the single European market in gas and electricity.
Address: Trg republike 3, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia.
Body of European Regulators for Electronic Communications
Established in 2009 to help the European Commission and national regulatory authorities implement EU regulations on electronic communications.
Address: Zigfrīda Annas Meierovica Bulvaris 14, 2nd Floor, Riga, LV-1050, Latvia.
Community Plant Variety Office
Launched in 1995 to administer a system of plant variety rights. The system allows Community Plant Variety Rights (CPVRs), valid throughout the European Union, to be granted for new plant varieties as sole and exclusive form of Community intellectual property rights.
Address: 3 Blvd Maréchal Foch, F-49000 Angers, France.
- Bond, Martyn, The Council of Europe: Structure, History and Issues in European Politics. 2011Google Scholar
- Bootle, Roger, The Trouble with Europe. 2014Google Scholar
- Brown, Stuart A., The European Commission and Europe’s Democratic Process. 2016Google Scholar
- Brunnermeier, Markus K., James, Harold and Landau, Jean-Pierre, The Euro and the Battle of Ideas. 2016Google Scholar
- Charter, David, Europe: In or Out?: Everything You Need to Know. 2014Google Scholar
- Church, Clive H. and Phinnemore, David, The Penguin Guide to the European Treaties: From Rome to Maastricht, Amsterdam, Nice and Beyond. 2002.—Understanding the European Constitution: An Introduction to the EU Constitutional Treaty. 2005Google Scholar
- Cook, C. and Paxton, J., European Political Facts of the Twentieth Century. 2000Google Scholar
- Davies, N., Europe: A History. 1997Google Scholar
- Déloye, Yves and Bruter, Michael, (eds.) Encyclopaedia of European Elections. 2007Google Scholar
- Dinan, D., Ever Closer Union? An Introduction to the European Union. 4th ed. 2010.—Europe Recast: A History of European Union. 2nd ed. 2014Google Scholar
- Dod’s European Companion. OccasionalGoogle Scholar
- Duke, Simon, Europe as a Stronger Global Actor: Challenges and Strategic Responses. 2016Google Scholar
- Gänzle, Stefan and Sens, Allen G. (eds.) The Changing Politics of European Security: Europe Alone? 2007Google Scholar
- Hefftler, Claudia, Neuhold, Christine, Rozenberg, Olivier and Smith, Julie, (eds.) The Palgrave Handbook of National Parliaments and the European Union. 2015Google Scholar
- Holland, Martin and Doidge, Mathew, Development Policy of the European Union. 2013Google Scholar
- McCormick, John, The European Superpower. 2006.—Understanding the European Union. 7th ed. 2017.—European Union Politics. 2nd ed. 2015Google Scholar
- Mazower, M., Dark Continent: Europe’s 20th Century. 1998Google Scholar
- Menon, Anand, Europe: the State of the Union. 2008Google Scholar
- Nugent, Neil, European Union Enlargement. 2004.—The Government and Politics of the European Union. 8th ed. 2017Google Scholar
- Phinnemore, David and McGowan, Lee, A Dictionary of the European Union. 6th ed. 2013Google Scholar
- Phinnemore, David and Warleigh-Lack, Alex, (eds.) Reflections on European Integration: 50 Years of the Treaty of Rome. 2009Google Scholar
- Pisani-Ferry, Jean, The Euro Crisis and its Aftermath. 2014Google Scholar
- Saurugger, Sabine and Terpan, Fabien, The Court of Justice of the European Union and the Politics of Law. 2016Google Scholar
- Stiglitz, Joseph, The Euro And Its Threat to the Future Of Europe. 2016Google Scholar
- Van Middelaar, Luuk, The Passage to Europe: How a Continent Became a Union. 2013Google Scholar
- Wallace, Helen, Pollack, Mark and Young, Alasdair, (eds.) Policy-Making in the European Union. 6th ed. 2010Google Scholar
- Wallace, Paul, The Euro Experiment. 2015Google Scholar
- Wessels, Wolfgang, The European Council. 2015Google Scholar