Teacher Education in China, System of
- 3 Downloads
The teacher system is an important part of the reform of the education system and mechanism. The report of the 19th National Congress of the Communist Party of China puts emphasis on strengthening the construction of teachers’ morality and ethics, cultivating high-quality teachers, and advocating the respect for teachers in the whole society (Xi 2017). Institutional support is the key to the cultivation of a high-quality teaching team. Through literature analysis, the entry, based on the changes of China’s teacher system since the opening and reform, seeks to study from the three aspects of teacher preparation, management, and training, and hereby offers a comprehensive reflection of construction and reform of the teacher system in China.
Since the reform of the school system in the late Qing Dynasty, teacher education in China has gone through more than a hundred years. The tradition and national conditions of this process make it unique in the world: its construction and...
- Dongchang, H. (1998). Important education documents of the People’s Republic of China (1949–1975). Haikou: Hainan Press.Google Scholar
- Dongchang, H. (2003). Important Education Documents of the People’s Republic of China (1998–2002), Haikou: Hainan Publishing House.Google Scholar
- He, D. (1998). Important Education Documents of the People’s Republic of China (1976–1990), Haikou: Hainan Publishing House.Google Scholar
- He, D. (2003). Important Education Documents of the People’s Republic of China (1998–2002), Haikou: Hainan Publishing House.Google Scholar
- Jinping, X. (2017). The report of the 19th National Congress of the Communist Party of China. http://www.gov.cn/zhuanti/2017-10/18/content_5232637.htm.
- Xiaoyu, H., Lijuan, P., & Yunli, X. (2010). Research on the standards and compilation management system of primary and secondary school teachers – Based on the analysis of relevant policies in China and some provinces. Educational Development Research, 8, 15–19.Google Scholar
- Yingjie, L. (1993). China Education Memorabilia (1949–1990) (I). Hangzhou: Zhejiang Education Press.Google Scholar
- Zhenguo, Y. (2004). The transformation from teacher education to teacher education. China Higher Education, 5, 29–31.Google Scholar