AUV/ROV/HOV Control Systems
Control system is a kind of active regulation system designed to improve or optimize specific performance or indictors for economic, social, or physical systems. AUV/ROV/HOV belongs to a multi-degree-of-freedom underwater platform system with high redundancy, coupling, and model nonlinearity. It works underactuated in complex underwater environment, and the body must maintain autonomous stability in the process of operation. Therefore, the design of appropriate control system to ensure the stability of the underwater platform during the operational process is of great significance to the successful and accurate completion of the underwater mission of AUV/ROV/HOV.
Difficulties in the Design of Control System
Underwater vehicles have a large variety of types, and they are widely involved in undersea surveillance,...
- Bao J, Li D, Qiao X, Rauschenbach T (2019) Integrated navigation for autonomous underwater vehicles in aquaculture: a review. Inf Proces Agric. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.inpa.2019.04.003. Accepted Manuscript
- Lakhekar GV, Waghmare LM, Londhe PS (2015) Enhanced dynamic fuzzy sliding mode controller for autonomous underwater vehicles. In 2015 IEEE Underwater Technology (UT) (pp. 1–7). IEEEGoogle Scholar
- Smallwood D, Bachmayer H, Whitcomb L (1999) A new remotely operated underwater vehicle for dynamics and control research. In: Proceedings of the 11th international symposium on unmanned untethered submersible technology, Durham, pp 370–377Google Scholar
- Steinicke A, Michalka G (2002) Improving transient performance of dynamic inversion missile autopilot by use of backstepping. In: AIAA guidance, navigation, and control conference and exhibit, MontereyGoogle Scholar
- Wang Z, Liu L, Wang, Y, Wang Z. (2012) Dynamic integral sliding mode for launch vehicle attitude control system. In 2012 24th Chinese Control and Decision Conference (CCDC). Chengdu, China. IEEE. 1713–1718Google Scholar
- Williams S, Newman P, Majumder S, Rosenblatt J, Durrant-Whyte H (1999) Autonomous transect surveying of the great barrier reef. In Proc. Australian Conf. on Robotics and Automation, 16–20Google Scholar
- Williams SB, Newman P, Dissanayake G, Rosenblatt J, Durrant-Whyte H (2006) A decoupled, distributed AUV control architecture. In: International symposium on robotics, vol 31, pp 246–251Google Scholar
- Yang I, Byun S, Seo B, Lee D, Han DS (2013) Robust dynamic inversion based on sliding mode control for autonomous underwater vehicles. Intell Auton Veh 8:79–84Google Scholar