Higher Education System and Institutions, Mauritius
- 54 Downloads
Mauritius is a small island in the Indian Ocean having an area of 2000 km2 and a population of about 1.3 million. It became independent from the United Kingdom in 1968 and its system of government is parliamentary democracy. In 2015, its GDP per capita was USD 9252 and the literacy rate of its population was of the order of 90%.
Evolution of Higher Education
KeywordsPublic TEIs Private TEIs Tertiary Education Commission (TEC) Mauritius Institute Branch Campuses
- African Leadership University (ALU). 2017. https://alueducation.com/campuses/alc-mauritius/. Accessed on 11 May 2017.
- Bunting, Ian, Nico Cloete, and Francois van Schalkywk. 2013. An empirical overview of eight flagship universities in Africa: 2001–2011. Cape Town: CHET.Google Scholar
- Manrakhan, J. 1991. The Mauritian School for Scientific Agriculture, 1914–89. Rose-Hill: Editions de l’Océan Indien.Google Scholar
- Manrakhan, J. 1992. Varsity at Réduit: The out-turn of a calculated risk, 1965–90. Rose-Hill: Editions de l’Océan Indien.Google Scholar
- Mauritius Institute of Training and Development (MITD). 2017. http://www.mitd.mu/. Accessed on 1 May 2017.
- Mauritius Research Council (MRC). 2017. http://www.mrc.org.mu/English/Pages/default.aspx. Accessed on 9 May 2017.
- Médine. 2017. http://www.medine.com/education/. Accessed on 11 May 2017.
- Mohamedbhai, G. 2011. Internationalisation of tertiary education in Mauritius: Current state, future plans and challenges. International Conference on Internationalisation of Tertiary Education. Reduit: Tertiary Education Commission.Google Scholar
- Tertiary Education Commission (TEC). 2016. Participation in Tertiary Education, 2015. Reduit: Tertiary Education Commission (TEC).Google Scholar
- Tertiary Education Commission (TEC). 2017. Mauritius. http://www.tec.mu. Accessed on 29 Apr 2017.
- University of Mauritius (UoM). 2016. Report on the activities of University of Mauritius for the academic year 2014–2015. Reduit: University of Mauritius.Google Scholar