Higher Education Networks, Associations, and Organizations in Europe
Organizations connected to the work of the higher education sector at national, regional, and international levels.
Around the world, the higher education enterprise can be understood to operate in an “ecosystem” of sorts, consisting not only of higher education institutions but also a wide range of networks, associations, and organizations connected to the work of the higher education sector at national, regional, and international levels. Several categories of relevant actors stand out in this discussion, including national-level agencies and associations, regional organizations, and higher education consortia and networks.
Europe’s landscape of such actors is extensive and diverse. This comes as a result of powerful forces of regional integration in the post-World War II era within the framework of what is today the European Union (EU) or the Nordic Council of Ministers, among other such...
- Coimbra Group. n.d. Mission statement. Accessed 1 Feb 2018. http://www.coimbra-group.eu/home/mission-statement.
- Corbett, Anne. 2006. The history of European cooperation in education & training. Europe in the making – an example. Luxembourg: Office for Official Publications of the European Communities.Google Scholar
- EARLI. 2018. About. Accessed 1 Feb 2018 from https://www.earli.org/about.
- ERC. n.d. Facts and figures. Accessed 1 Feb 2018. https://erc.europa.eu/projects-figures/facts-and-figures.
- ETUCE. n.d. About ETUCE. Accessed 1 Feb 2018. https://www.csee-etuce.org/en/.
- European Commission, EACEA, and Eurydice. 2015. The European Higher Education Area in 2015: Bologna process implementation report. Luxembourg: Publications Office of the European Union.Google Scholar
- Kehm, M. Barbara, Jeroen Huisman, and Bjørn Stensaker. 2009. The European Higher Education Area: Perspectives on a moving target. Rotterdam: Sense Publishers.Google Scholar
- LERU. n.d. About. Accessed 1 Feb 2018. https://www.leru.org/about-leru.
- LLLPlatform. n.d. About us. Accessed 1 Feb 2018. http://lllplatform.eu/who-we-are/about-us/.
- Schneller, Chripa, Irina Lungu, and Bernd Wächter. 2009. Handbook of international associations in higher education. Brussels: Academic Cooperation Association.Google Scholar