Arutyunyan, Nagush Khachaturovich
Open image in new window Nagush Khachaturovich Arutyunyan (ⒸIrina N. Arutyunyan)
Nagush Khachaturovich Arutyunyan (∗November 10th, 1912 in Yerevan, Russian Empire; †January 18, 1993 in Moscow, Russian Federation) was a scientist in the field of Elasticity, Creep Theory and Mechanics of Growing Solids. His scientific interests covered various branches of Mechanics. He developed original theory of creep of inhomogeneous ageing solids and created a new scientific direction: the mathematical theory of growing solids.
Nagush Khachaturovich Arutyunyan was born in 1912 in Yerevan. For many years he lived with his grandfather – the famous historian Leo, whose huge scientific figure inspired respect for study and science, cultivated diligence in the young man. In 1930 N. Kh. Arutyunyan entered one of the most reputable universities of the country – the Kuibyshev Military-Engineering Academy (Moscow). After graduation in 1936 with a degree of engineer and hydrobuilder, he returned to...
- Arutyunyan NK (1952) Some questions of creep theory (in Russ.). Tekhteorizdat, MoskvaGoogle Scholar
- Arutyunyan NK (1966) Some problems in the theory of creep. Pergamon Press, OxfordGoogle Scholar
- Arutyunyan NK, Abramyan BL (1963) Torsion of elastic bodies (in Russ.). Fizmatgiz, MoscowGoogle Scholar
- Arutyunyan NK, Drozdov AD (1986a) Mechanics of built-up viscoelastic bodies subjected to aging in final deformations. Mech Compos Mater 21(4):394–405Google Scholar
- Arutyunyan NK, Drozdov AD (1986b) Phase transitions in elastic and viscoelastic bodies. Mech Compos Mater 22(1):79–86Google Scholar
- Arutyunyan NK, Drozdov AD (1988) Optimization problems in the mechanics of growing solids. Mech Compos Mater 24(3):359–369Google Scholar
- Arutyunyan NK, Kolmanovskii VB (1983) Creep theory of inhomogeneous bodies (in Russ.). Nauka, MoskvaGoogle Scholar
- Arutyunyan NK, Mikhailov MN, Potapov VD (1984) Stability of a growing viscoelastic reinforced rod subjected to aging. J Appl Mech Tech Phys 25(5):796–805Google Scholar
- Arutyunyan NK, Mikhailov MN, Potapov VD (1986) Stability of an expanding viscoelastic shell subject to aging. J Appl Mech Tech Phys 27(2):300–309Google Scholar
- Arutyunyan NK, Drozdov AD, Naumov VE (1987) Mechanics of growing viscoelastoplastic bodies (in Russ.). Nauka, MoscowGoogle Scholar
- Arutyunyan NK, Movchan AB, Nazarov SA (1989) Asymptotic interpretations of solutions of a Lekhnitskii problem. J Appl Mech Tech Phys 30(5):789–793Google Scholar
- Arutyunyan NK, Manzhirov AV, Naumov VE (1991) Contact problems of mechanics of growing bodies (in Russ.). Nauka, MoscowGoogle Scholar