Genitourinary symptoms may significantly impact on quality of life. Identifying the underlying cause will help guide management. In the palliative setting, understanding the goals of treatment, the prognosis of the patient, and their wishes will help with decisions regarding the various treatments that may be available.
- Avery J, et al. Identifying the quality of life effects of urinary incontinence with depression in an Australian population. BMC Urol. 2013;13:11–19.Google Scholar
- Clement KD, et al. Urodynamic studies (tests) for the management of urinary incontinence in children and adults. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2013;(10).Google Scholar
- Dumoulin C et al. Pelvic floor muscle training versus no treatment for urinary incontinence in women. A short version Cochrane systemic review with meta-analysis. Neurourol Urodyn. 2015;34(4):300–305.Google Scholar
- Kirchheiner K, et al. Manifestation pattern of early-late vaginal morbidity after definitive radiation (chemo)therapy and image-guided adaptive brachytherapy for locally advanced cervical cancer: an analysis from the EMBRACE study. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2014;89(1):88–95.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Mohamed AM, et al. Palliative hypofractionated radiotherapy in urinary bladder cancer. Pan Arab J Oncol. 2015;8(2):24–8.Google Scholar
- National Cancer Institute. Common terminology criteria for adverse events (CTCAE) Version 4.0. U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (2009). Accessed 14 Jun 2010.Google Scholar
- National Institute for Care and Excellence Guidelines (2013). https://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/cg171/chapter/1-Recommendations#surgical-approaches-for-sui-2.
- Ryuta T, et al. Predictive factors for acute and late urinary toxicities after permanent prostate brachytherapy: long-term outcome in 712 consecutive patients. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2012;73(4):1023–32.Google Scholar
- Smith AP. Female urinary incontinence and wellbeing: results from a multi-national survey. BMC Urol. 2016;16:22–27.Google Scholar
- Talcott J, et al. Time course and predictors of symptoms after primary prostate cancer therapy. J Clin Oncol. 2003;30(5):90.Google Scholar
- Woo J, et al. Clinical characteristics and management of late symptom flare following stereotactic body radiation therapy for clinically localized prostate cancer. Frontiers Oncol 2014;14(4):122–132.Google Scholar