Semantic interlinking is defined as the establishment of links and relations between multiple structured datasets.
The exponential growth of data is becoming pervasive across different areas of business and science. Despite its wide availability in large amounts, data is typically stored in standalone silos where different datasets are represented using different formats, stored and indexed within different system architectures, and maintained following different business processes. For example, in certain organizations it is possible to encounter customer databases, technical reports, product images, and other datasets that need to be used in conjunction. Such data integration problems are a long-standing open research challenge in the data management area. The recent rise of big data with its volume and variety dimensions has magnified already existing issues.
Similar challenges are also often present in Open Data where datasets are published and made...
- Auer S, Bizer C, Kobilarov G, Lehmann J, Cyganiak R, Ives Z (2007) Dbpedia: a nucleus for a web of open data. In: The semantic web, 6th international semantic web conference, 2nd Asian semantic web conference, ISWC 2007 + ASWC 2007, Busan, Korea, 11–15 Nov 2007. Springer, Berlin, pp 722–735Google Scholar
- Bilenko M, Kamath B, Mooney RJ (2006) Adaptive blocking: learning to scale up record linkage. In: Sixth international conference on data mining (ICDM’06), pp 87–96. https://doi.org/10.1109/ICDM.2006.13
- Bizer C, Heath T, Ayers D, Raimond Y (2007) Interlinking open data on the web. In: Demonstrations track, 4th European semantic web conference, InnsbruckGoogle Scholar
- Demartini G, Difallah DE, Cudré-Mauroux P (2012) Zencrowd: leveraging probabilistic reasoning and crowdsourcing techniques for large-scale entity linking. In: Proceedings of the 21st international conference on world wide web. ACM, pp 469–478Google Scholar
- Knoblock CA, Szekely PA, Fink EE, Degler D, Newbury D, Sanderson R, Blanch K, Snyder S, Chheda N, Jain N, Krishna RR, Sreekanth NB, Yao Y (2017) Lessons learned in building linked data for the American art collaborative. In: Proceedings of the 16th international semantic web conference, part II, the semantic web – ISWC 2017, Vienna, 21–25 Oct 2017, pp 263–279. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-68204-4_26Google Scholar
- Lin T, Mausam, Etzioni O (2012) Entity linking at web scale. In: Proceedings of the joint workshop on automatic knowledge base construction and web-scale knowledge extraction, association for computational linguistics, AKBC-WEKEX ’12, Stroudsburg, pp 84–88. http://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=2391200.2391216
- Petersen N, Halilaj L, Grangel-González I, Lohmann S, Lange C, Auer S (2017) Realizing an RDF-based information model for a manufacturing company – a case study. In: Proceedings of the 16th international semantic web conference, part II, the semantic web – ISWC 2017, Vienna, 21–25 Oct 2017, pp 350–366. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-68204-4_31Google Scholar
- Sarasua C, Simperl E, Noy NF (2012) Crowdmap: crowdsourcing ontology alignment with microtasks. In: International semantic web conference. Springer, pp 525–541Google Scholar