General Language Composite
The Wechsler Preschool and Primary Scale of Intelligence – Third Edition (WPPSI-III) was an individually administered intelligence test for children, ages 2 years 6 months (2;6) through 7 years 3 months (7;3). The WPPSI-III was a substantial revision of the WPPSI-R (Wechsler 1989). The WPPSI-III provided two age-band subtest batteries for ages 2;6–3;11 and 4;0–7;3. Both batteries included a set of core subtests that yielded Verbal, Performance, and Full Scale composite scores. Supplemental subtests could be added to yield an additional General Language Composite (GLC). In the younger age band, the supplemental subtest Picture Naming was added to the core subtest Receptive Vocabulary to generate the GLC. In the older age band, the supplemental subtests Receptive Vocabulary and Picture Naming were combined to generate the GLC.
The WPPSI-III was normed on a stratified sample of 1700 children, divided into 9 age groups, including 200 children in each...
References and Readings
- Lichtenberger, E. O., & Kaufman, A. S. (2004). Essentials of WPPSI-III assessment. New York: Wiley.Google Scholar
- Wechsler, D. (1949). Wechsler intelligence scale for children. San Antonio: The Psychological Corporation.Google Scholar
- Wechsler, D. (1989). Wechsler preschool and primary scale of intelligence – Revised. San Antonio: The Psychological Corporation.Google Scholar
- Wechsler, D. (2002). WPPSI-III: Technical and interpretative manual. San Antonio: The Psychological Corporation.Google Scholar
- Wechsler, D. (2012). WPPSI-IV: Technical and interpretative manual (4th ed.). Bloomington: Pearson.Google Scholar