- 11 Downloads
Brief Definition of the Topic
Medieval Archaeologyis the annual journal of the Society for Medieval Archaeology, first appearing in 1957. It publishes original submissions of international significance, or national significance and of international interest, which further the study of the period from the fifth to the sixteenth century CE. While it maintains a special concern for the medieval archaeology of Britain and Ireland, it also provides a forum for the discussion of important finds and developments within this period from anywhere in the world, serving as a medium for coordinating the work of archaeologists and that of historians and scholars in any other discipline relevant to this field. The editorial committee strives to present the highest-quality research, work that not only reflects the breadth of the interdisciplinary period and geographical interests but also inspires and challenges in some way. Its international advisory board supports the editor in the delivery of an...
- ADS. n.d. Available at: http://archaeologydataservice.ac.uk/archives/view/med_arch/. Accessed 13 Feb 2018.
- Gerrard, C. 2009. The Society for Medieval Archaeology: The early years (1956–1962). In Reflections: 50 years of medieval archaeology, 1957–2007, ed. R. Gilchrist and A. Reynolds, 23–45. Leeds: Maney Publishing.Google Scholar
- Wilson, D.M. 2009. The foundation and early years of the Society for Medieval Archaeology. In Reflections: 50 years of medieval archaeology, 1957–2007, ed. R. Gilchrist and A. Reynolds, 11–21. Leeds: Maney Publishing.Google Scholar
- Anniversary Issue. 2017. Available at: http://explore.tandfonline.com/content/ah/ymed-medieval-archaeology-vsi/. Accessed 13 Feb 2018.
- Society for Medieval Archaeology. n.d. Available at: http://www.medievalarchaeology.org/. Accessed 13 Feb 2018.