Cindy I. Carlson, Ph.D., A.B..P.P.
Dr. Cindy Carlson has contributed to the field of couple and family psychology in many essential roles, including researcher, educator, practitioner, editor, and active professional citizen. Her scholarly and training efforts focus on family assessment and intervention, particularly in the context of the home-school partnership. She has held many governance positions at her home university and more broadly within the American Psychological Association (APA). Among her many notable achievements, Dr. Carlson is a Fellow, Past President, and Distinguished Service Award winner for two APA divisions, namely, the Societies of Family Psychology and School Psychology.
Dr. Carlson received a bachelor’s degree from DePauw University and then went on to earn master’s and doctoral degrees in School Psychology with minors in Clinical and Counseling Psychology from Indiana University. She completed her internship training with the Memphis...
- Carlson, C. I. (1995). Best practices in working with single parent and stepfamily systems. In A. Thomas & J. Grimes (Eds.), Best practices in school psychology (Vol. III, pp. 1097–1110). Washington, DC: National Association of School Psychologists.Google Scholar
- Carlson, C.I., & Christenson, S. (Eds.). (2005). Evidence-based parent and family interventions in school psychology [Special Issue]. School Psychology Quarterly, 20, 345–351.Google Scholar
- Carlson, C. I., Funk, C., & Nguyen, K. (2009). Family-school communication. In J. H. Bray & M. Stanton (Eds.), Wiley-Blackwell Handbook of family psychology (pp. 515–526). New York, NY: Wiley-Blackwell Publishing.Google Scholar
- Carlson, C. I., Krumholtz, L. S., & Snyder, D. K. (2013). Assessment in marriage and family counseling. In K. F. Geisinger (Ed.), APA handbook of testing and assessment in psychology (pp. 569–586). Washington, DC: APA Publications.Google Scholar
- Fine, M. & Carlson, C.I. (Eds.) (1991). Handbook of family-school intervention: A systems perspective. Boston: Allyn & Bacon.Google Scholar
- Grotevant, H. D., & Carlson, C. I. (1989). Family assessment: A guide for researchers and practitioners. New York: Guilford Press.Google Scholar