Xiaoyi Fang, Ph.D., is the founder of the first Marriage and Family Therapy (MFT)-oriented graduate program in mainland China, the founder and the director of the Marriage and Family Therapy and Research Center, and also a full professor at the Institute of Developmental Psychology, Beijing Normal University. Dr. Fang is a renowned leader and pioneer in the field of MFT and is also an expert on Chinese marriage and family processes.
Xiaoyi Fang was born in 1965 and raised in Shuangliu, Sichuan province, a southern province in China. Dr. Fang obtained his BA in Psychology and MS and PhD in Developmental Psychology at Beijing Normal University in 1987, 1990, and 1994, respectively. He joined the faculty of Institute of Developmental Psychology in 1990. He was awarded the title of Yangtze River Distinguished Professor by the Chinese Ministry of Education in 2009 for his contribution in MFT and developmental psychology research. Notably, he is the second psychological...
- Cao, H., Fang, X., Fine, A. M., Lan, J., Ju, X., & Zhou, N. (2016). Sacrifice, commitment, and marital quality in the early years of Chinese marriage: An actor-partner interdependence moderation model. Journal of Social and Personal Relationships. https://doi.org/10.1177/0265407516670041. Advanced online publication.
- Cao, H., Fine, M. A., Fang, X., & Zhou, N. (2018a). Chinese adult children’s perceived parents’ satisfaction with adult children’s marriage, in-law relationship quality and adult children’s marital satisfaction. Journal of Social and Personal Relationships. https://doi.org/10.1177/0265407518755319. Advanced online publication.
- Cao, H., Yuan, X., Fine, M., Zhou, N., & Fang, X. (2018b). Neuroticism and marital satisfaction during the early years of Chinese marriage: The mediating roles of marital attribution and aggression. Family Process. https://doi.org/10.1111/famp.12356. Advanced online publication.
- Cao, H., Zhou, N., Fine, M., Li, X., & Fang, X. (2018c). Sexual satisfaction and marital satisfaction during the early years of Chinese marriage: A three-wave, cross-lagged, actor-partner interdependence model. The Journal of Sex Research. https://doi.org/10.1080/00224499.2018.1463503. Advanced online publication.
- Li, X., Cao, H., Zhou, N., Ju, X., Lan, J., Zhu, Q., & Fang, X. (2018). Daily communication, conflict resolution, and marital quality during the early years of Chinese marriage: A three-wave, cross-lagged analysis. Journal of Family Psychology. https://doi.org/10.1037/fam0000430. Advanced online publication.