Tazuko Shibusawa, PhD, LCSW
Tazuko Shibusawa, PhD, LCSW has made contributions to the field of cross-cultural family therapy as a clinical social worker, educator, and researcher working in both Japan and the United States.
Dr. Shibusawa is Associate Professor at the New York University Silver School of Social Work and previously served as Associate Dean and Director of the Master of Social Work (MSW) Program and Co-Director of the Global MSW Program in Shanghai and New York. She received her MSW and PhD from the University of California, Los Angeles, and received advanced training in family therapy as a Fellow at the Japan National Institute of Mental Health. She also studied with Maurizio Andolphi, Monica McGoldrick, and Ken Hardy. Prior to joining the faculty at NYU, Shibusawa worked as Director of Social Services, Keiro Nursing Home in Los Angeles, California; psychiatric social worker, Los Angeles County Department of Mental Health, Asian Pacific...
- Ishikawa, G., & Shibusawa, T. (1988). In M. McGoldrick, & R. Gerson (Eds.) (1985) Genograms in family assessment. New York: W. W. Norton. Published in Japanese by Tokyo Tosho Shuppan.Google Scholar
- Naruse, G., Hiraki, T., Okado, T., Kuniya, A., Kameguchi, K., Shibusawa, T., et al. (1988). In J. Zeig (Ed.) (1987) The evolution of psychotherapy. New York: Brunner/Mazel. Published in Japanese by Seishin Shobo.Google Scholar
- Shibusawa, T. (2004). La practica clinica con le famiglie di immigrati asiatici (Clinical practice with Asian immigrant families). In M. Andolfi (Ed.), Famiglie immigrate e psicoterapia transculturale (Immigrant families and transcultural psychotherapy) (pp. 102–115). Milan: Franco Angeli. (Italian).Google Scholar
- Shibusawa, T. (2005). Japanese families. In M. McGoldrick, J. Giordano, & N. Garcia-Preto (Eds.), Ethnicity and family therapy (3rd ed., pp. 339–348). New York: Guilford Press.Google Scholar
- Shibusawa, T. (2008). Interracial Asian couples: Beyond Black and White. In M. McGoldrick & K. Hardy (Eds.), Revisioning family therapy (2nd ed., pp. 378–388). New York: Guilford Press.Google Scholar
- Shibusawa, T. (2013). Recent trends in family therapy in the US. Japanese Journal of Psychotherapy, 39(1), 28–34.Google Scholar
- Suzuki, K., Iwamura, Y., & Shibusawa, T. (1986). In R. Fisch, J. H. Weakland, & L. Segal (Eds.) (1982) Tactics of change: Doing therapy briefly. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass. Published in Japanese by Kongo Shuppan.Google Scholar