Terrence Real, LCSW
Terrence “Terry” Real, LCSW, has contributed to the field of couple therapy through his extensive writings and presentations exploring the impact of gender – specifically men’s mental health – on heterosexual couple dynamics. Real has published several books on improving relationships by empowering women and teaching men how to process their emotions. He founded the Relational Life Institute, a therapy center in Boston, which provides small-group workshops for couples using his own therapy model (Relational Life Therapy) and professional training programs to other therapists and mental health professionals. He continues to present his work through speaking tours, radio, television, and print and social media. His accessibility to the general public through his media engagement has made Real a nationally well-known therapist.
Real received his bachelor’s (1972) and master’s (1975) degrees in English literature and comparative literature,...
- REAL Relational Solutions LLC. (2018, June 16). Terry real: New rules for couples. Retrieved from https://www.terryreal.com/
- Real, T. (1998). I don’t want to talk about it: Overcoming the secret legacy of male depression. New York: Simon and Schuster.Google Scholar
- Real, T. (2002a). How can I get through to you: Closing the intimacy gap between men and women. New York: Simon and Shuster.Google Scholar
- Real, T. (2002b). The awful truth: Most men are just not raised to be intimate. Psychotherapy Networker, 26(6), 34–43, 58.Google Scholar
- Real, T. (2007). The new rules of marriage: What you need to know to make love work. New York: Ballantine Books.Google Scholar
- Real, T. (2011). A matter of choice – deciding: To be right or be married. Psychotherapy Networker, 35(6), 36–39, 42–43, 56–57.Google Scholar
- Relational Life Institute. (2018, June 16). Relational life therapy with Terry Real. Retrieved from http://relationallifeinstitute.com/