Data Center Network Virtualization
- 23 Downloads
A data center (DC) is a facility used to house computer systems and associated components, such as servers (physical machines), storage and network devices (e.g., switches, routers, and cables), power distribution systems, and cooling systems.
A data center network (DCN) is the communication network that interconnects computer systems and associated components in a data center. Generally, a data center network can be described by the network topology, routing/switching equipments, and the network protocols.
Network virtualization is the process of combining hardware and software network resources and network functionality into a single, software-based administrative entity, a virtual network.
The data center network virtualization is a term that extends virtualization concepts such as abstraction, pooling, and automation to the data center network. Virtualization usually refers to hardware virtualization, which typically...
- (2006) IEEE Standard for Local and Metropolitan Area Networks—Virtual Bridged Local Area Networks—Amendment 4: Provider Bridges. IEEE Std 8021ad-2005 (Amendment to IEEE Std 8021Q-2005) pp 1–74Google Scholar
- (2008) IEEE Standard for Local and metropolitan area networks – Virtual Bridged Local Area Networks Amendment 7: Provider Backbone Bridges. IEEE Std 8021ah-2008 (Amendment to IEEE Std 8021Q-2005) pp 1–110Google Scholar
- (2009) IEEE Standard for Local and metropolitan area networks-Virtual Bridged Local Area Networks Amendment 10: Provider Backbone Bridge Traffic Engineering. IEEE Std 8021Qay-2009 (Amendment to IEEE Std 8021Q-2005) pp 1–131Google Scholar
- (2012a) IEEE Standard for Local and metropolitan area networks–Media Access Control (MAC) Bridges and Virtual Bridged Local Area Networks–Amendment 20: Shortest Path BridgingGoogle Scholar
- (2012b) IEEE Standard for Local and metropolitan area networks–Media Access Control (MAC) Bridges and Virtual Bridged Local Area Networks–Amendment 21: Edge Virtual Bridging. IEEE Std 8021Qbg-2012 (Amendment to IEEE Std 8021Q-2011), pp 1–191Google Scholar
- (2013) SDN Architecture Overview. Open Networking Foundation Version 1.0Google Scholar
- (2014) IEEE standard for local and metropolitan area networks–bridges and bridged networks. IEEE Std 8021Q-2014 (Revision of IEEE Std 8021Q-2011), pp 1–1832Google Scholar
- (2014) OpenFlow Management and Configuration Protocol. Open Networking Foundation Version 1.2Google Scholar
- (2015) OpenFlow Switch Specification. Open Networking Foundation Version 1.5.1Google Scholar
- Bierman A, Bjorklund M, Watsen K (2017) RESTCONF protocol. https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc8040
- Black D, Hudson J, Kreeger L, Lasserre M, Narten T (2016) An architecture for data-center Network Virtualization over Layer 3 (NVO3). https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc8014
- Davie B, Gross J (2016) A Stateless Transport Tunneling Protocol for Network Virtualization (STT). https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-davie-stt-08
- Eastlake D, Banerjee A, Dutt D, Perlman R, Ghanwani A (2011) Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links (TRILL) use of IS-IS. https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6326
- Enns R, Bjorklund M, Schoenwaelder J, Bierman A (2011) Network Configuration Protocol (NETCONF). https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6241
- Gross J, Ganga I, Sridhar T (2018) Geneve: Generic Network Virtualization Encapsulation. https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-nvo3-geneve-07 Google Scholar
- Mahalingam M, Dutt D, Duda K, Agarwal P, Kreeger L, Sridhar T, Bursell M, Wright C (2014) Virtual eXtensible Local Area Network (VXLAN): A Framework for Overlaying Virtualized Layer 2 Networks over Layer 3 Networks. https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7348
- Pfaff B, Davie B (2013) The Open vSwitch Database Management Protocol. https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7047
- Tatsuhiro A, Osamu S, Katsuhito A (2013) Network virtualization for large-scale data centers. Fujitsu Sci Tech J 49(3):8Google Scholar