Collaborative Beamforming in Wireless Sensor Networks
Collaborative Beamforming (CB) in Wireless Sensor Networks (WSNs) is a transmission technique of improving the energy efficiency and signal gain between collaborating nodes and the base station (BS) in one-hop transmission. The collaborative nodes in CB use the way of cooperative communication to form the high gain and directivity in the direction of the intended BS or sink node.
WSNs have been playing an increasing role in many application areas, such as agriculture, industry, environmental monitoring, and so on. From another point of view, due to the limited energy and transmission distance for the sensor node in WSNs, many research studies focus on the design of method or scheme for improving the energy efficiency and the network performance. The purpose is to reduce the energy consumption and prolong the network lifetime. In recent years, the CB provides a promising technique in...
- Ahmed MF, Vorobyov SA (2011) Power control for collaborative beamforming in wireless sensor networks. In: 2011 conference record of the forty fifth Asilomar conference on signals, systems and computers (ASILOMAR), IEEE, Pacific Grove, CA, pp 99–103Google Scholar
- Barriac G, Mudumbai R, Madhow U (2004) Distributed beamforming for information transfer in sensor networks. In: Proceedings of the 3rd international symposium on Information processing in sensor networks, ACM, Berkeley, CA, pp 81–88Google Scholar
- Jayaprakasam S, Rahim SKA, Leow CY, Yusof MFM (2014) Beampatten optimization in distributed beamforming using multiobjective and metaheuristic method. In: 2014 IEEE Symposium on Wireless Technology and Applications (ISWTA), Kota Kinabalu, IEEE, pp 86–91Google Scholar
- Malik NNNA, Esa M, Yusof SKS (2009) Optimization of adaptive linear sensor node array in wireless sensor network. In: Microwave conference, 2009. APMC 2009. Asia Pacific, Singapore, IEEE, pp 2336–2339Google Scholar
- Ochiai H, Mitran P, Poor HV, Tarokh V (2004) Collaborative beamforming in ad hoc networks. In: Information theory workshop, 2004. IEEE, pp 396–401Google Scholar
- Schedler S, Kuehn V (2014) Resource allocation for distributed beamforming with multiple relays and individual power constraints. In: 2014 11th International Symposium on Wireless Communications Systems (ISWCS), Barcelona, IEEE, pp 1–5Google Scholar
- Wong CH, Siew ZW, Tan MK, Chin RKY, Teo KTK (2012) Optimization of distributed and collaborative beamforming in wireless sensor networks. In: 2012 fourth international conference on Computational Intelligence, Communication Systems and Networks (CICSyN), Mathura, IEEE, pp 84–89Google Scholar