Data Gathering in Wireless Sensor Networks
Data gathering is an important operation in wireless sensor networks which deals with collecting data from the sensor nodes and transmitting them to a sink (or base station) where it is further processed and available for end-user queries.
Energy efficiency. Sensor nodes are usually resource constrained, and they are equipped with batteries which often cannot be recharged or replaced. Therefore, it is important to design energy-efficient mechanisms.
Network elements. There are several variations in the architecture of the network, such as the following: sensor nodes may...
- Aranzazu-Suescun C, Cardei M (2016) Event-based clustering for composite event detection in wireless sensors networks. In: 35th IEEE international performance computing and communications conference (IPCCC), Las VegasGoogle Scholar
- Gao J, Li J, Cai Z, Gao H (2015) Composite event coverage in wireless sensor networks with heterogeneous sensors. In: 2015 IEEE conference on computer communications (INFOCOM), Hong KongGoogle Scholar
- Intanagonwiwat C, Govindan R, Estrin D (2000) Directed diffusion: a scalable and robust communication paradigm for sensor networks. In: The 6th annual international conference on mobile computing and networking, BostonGoogle Scholar
- Jea D, Somasundara A, Srivastava M (2006) Multiple controlled mobile elements (Data Mules) for data collection in sensor networks. In: 1st international conference on distributed computing in sensor systems, San FranciscoGoogle Scholar
- Ma M, Yang Y (2008) Data gathering in wireless sensor networks with mobile collectors. In: IEEE international symposium on parallel and distributed processing (IPDPS), MiamiGoogle Scholar
- Memon I, Muntean T (2012) Cluster-based energy-efficient composite event detection for wireless sensor networks. In: The sixth international conference on sensor technologies and applications (SENSORCOMM), RomeGoogle Scholar
- Patel B, Bhagat D (2014) Shifting of sink position in wireless sensor networks. Int J Eng Dev Res 2:2566–2571Google Scholar
- Pignaton de Freitas E, Heimfarth T, Netto IF, Lino CE, Pereira CE, Morado Ferreira A, Wagner FR, Larsson T (2010) UAV relay network to support WSN connectivity. In: International congress on ultra-modern telecommunications and control systems and workshops (ICUMT), MoscowGoogle Scholar
- Samaras NS, Triantari FS (2016) On direct diffusion routing for wireless sensor networks. In: 2016 advances in wireless and optical communications (RTUWO), RigaGoogle Scholar
- Shah RC, Roy S, Jain S, Brunette W (2003) Data MULEs: modeling and analysis of a three-tier architecture for sparse sensor networks. In: 1st IEEE international workshop on sensor network protocols and applications, AnchorageGoogle Scholar
- Tian K, Zhang B, Huang K (2010) Data gathering protocols for wireless sensor networks with mobile sinks. In: IEEE global telecommunications conference (GLOBECOM10), MiamiGoogle Scholar
- Villas LA, Boukerche A, Guidoni DL, de Oliveira H, Borges de Araujo R, Loureiro A (2012) An energy-aware spatio-temporal correlation mechanism to perform efficient data collection in wireless sensor networks. Comput Commun J, vol 36. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.comcom.2012.04.007 CrossRefGoogle Scholar