Anomaly Detection for IoT Systems
Anomaly detection for Internet of Things (IoT) system is to automatically detect whether the IoT devices, components, or systems operate normally or not. Usually there are multiple sensors or external monitors that observe the signals sent from the operating IoT systems. The detection module analyzes the signals to determine whether the system’s behavior is normal or abnormal.
The IoT systems link the heterogeneous sensors and IoT servers to provide the IoT applications such as healthcare, industrial automation, environment monitoring, and so on. Because the decade aged IoT systems and new IoT systems may coexist, it is not easy to implement the monitors into the integrated IoT systems. It is usually to treat the integrated IoT system as a black box. Furthermore, because the signals come from one or more types of sensors (i.e., heterogeneous sensors), it is complicated for the monitors to analyze the signals...
- Fahad LG, Rajarajan M (2015) Anomalies detection in smart-home activities. In: Proceedings of IEEE international conference on machine learning and applicationsGoogle Scholar
- Hodo E, Bellekens X, Hamilton A, Dubouilh PL, Iorkyase E, Tachtatzis C, Atkinson R (2016) Threat analysis of IoT networks using artificial neural network intrusion detection system. In: Proceedings of IEEE international symposium on networks, computers and communicationsGoogle Scholar
- Juvonen A, Sipola T, Hämäläinen T (2015) Online anomaly detection using dimensionality reduction techniques for http log analysis. Comput Netw Int J Comput Telecommun Netw 91:46–56Google Scholar
- Kwak BI, Woo J, Kim HK (2016) Know your master: driver profiling-based anti-theft method. In: Proceedings of IEEE annual conference on privacy, security and trustGoogle Scholar
- Porkodi R, Bhuvaneswari V (2014) The internet of things applications and communication enabling technology standards: an overview. In: Proceedings of the international conference on intelligent computing applicationsGoogle Scholar
- Stojanovic L, Dinic M, Stojanovic N, Stojadinovic A (2016) Big-data-driven anomaly detection in industry (4.0): an approach and a case study. In: Proceedings of IEEE international conference on big dataGoogle Scholar
- Zong B, Song Q, Min MR, Cheng W, Lumezanu C, Cho D, Chen H (2018) Deep autoencoding gaussian mixture model for unsupervised anomaly detection. In: Proceedings of international conference on learning representationsGoogle Scholar